Windows XP 64 Bit Edition, Media Player 10 and Symantec Antivirus1

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q3lCZVJqVW5LaUU=?=, Aug 25, 2005.

  1. I'm finding an annoying bug that seems to piss mee off every time I run an
    application that runs Media Player 10. Every once in a while, when I'm
    listening to music or watching a clip on MP 10 (I think even on MP9 also) I
    would get the message from the computer that my virus definitions are out of
    date. Even though they are. Then when I open Symantec Antivirus it seems
    the definitions would have gone to first set of definitions it had on the cd.
    I then have to redownload the defintions again, but if I have my MP10
    playing, I'll get the same problem. I would have to shut down MP10 then
    rerun the update for SAV10. It seems that the combinitation seems to corrupt
    the SAV10 definitions. Has anyone else experienced this? I've reinstalled
    the AV and even the OS just to make sure, and I keep getting the same result.
    Mind you it doesn't always happen, but if I continously listen to MP3's,
    then that's when I'll notice the MS shield notifying me to update my
    definitions. Very odd...but here's my specs in case it's a hardware issue..

    AMD64 3200+
    ASUS AV8 MB
    1GB DUAL CHANNEL
    6 HDD's (VARIES IN SIZES)

    I built another machine using a gigabyte mb, and I can't remember if it gave
    me the same problem since I never tested it thoroughly enough. But I do
    remember the SAV10 worked alot better on it and never had any problems with
    it. Could it be a MB issue? Or is it SAV10 poor design. Or is there a leak
    in MP10? Some help with this issue would be very much appreciated,
    otherwise, while WIN64 is nice, I hate the fact the it has no drivers.
    Hopefully Vista will have a better range of product support.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3lCZVJqVW5LaUU=?=, Aug 25, 2005

  2. Why not use WinAmp ? It whips the llama's behind. LOL

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 25, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 25, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q3lCZVJqVW5LaUU=?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:18:47 -0500, "Wayne Wastier"
    <> wrote:

    >LOL. Here is what I was referring to. :eek:)

    Please. No binaries for those of us still on dial-up.
    Thanks :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 25, 2005
  6. "Jud Hendrix" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:18:47 -0500, "Wayne Wastier"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>LOL. Here is what I was referring to. :eek:)

    > Please. No binaries for those of us still on dial-up.
    > Thanks :)
    >
    > jud

    LOL. You do know that 11 Kb, even on dial-up is fast. :eek:)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Aug 25, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q3lCZVJqVW5LaUU=?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:35:36 -0500, "Wayne Wastier"
    <> wrote:

    >LOL. You do know that 11 Kb, even on dial-up is fast. :eek:)

    Yes... but, before it get's a habit here :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Aug 25, 2005
  8. Re: Windows XP 64 Bit Edition, Media Player 10 and Symantec Antivi

    Because it seems to happen on WinAmp as well. Come to think of it, it seems
    to happen on majority of the items that reads audio in certain MP3 formats.
    Is it possible that it's a driver issue?

    =?Utf-8?B?Q3lCZVJqVW5LaUU=?=, Aug 29, 2005