    by Windows XP and provides no drivers or even a reference to the Windows
    XP 64 bit version. How do I install my CD rom drives under windows XP 64
    bit version?

    Gott, Dec 8, 2006

  2. What is the drive doing? Why are you trying to install a driver? You
    shouldn't have to.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 8, 2006

  3. What Colin said. The only exception I can think of that might require a
    driver is if your drive is a SATA drive and connects to a SATA controller
    that isn't being used by any hard drives yet, so therefore the system
    doesn't have the drivers for that controller loaded.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 8, 2006
  4. Gott

    John Barnes Guest

    Also, X64 has problems with some USB devices. If it is USB or in a USB
    case, you may not be able to use it.

    John Barnes, Dec 8, 2006
  5. Gott

    John Barnes Guest

    Did you have the problem from the install or did this problem arise later.
    There are several items that have caused your problem in the past. Kodak
    EasyShare installation and other writing programs that set upper and lower
    filters.
    You can check in Device Manager to check to see if you have any filters.
    Check driver details for upper and lower filters.

    John Barnes, Jan 19, 2007
  6. Thanks, Mr. John Barns: I bet that was Kodak that did that. I didn't rember
    when the problem started. This is a Triboot and have installed a new Kodak on
    this Version. Ok, now upper and lower filters on what in Device Manager. On
    the DVD/CD writer, there are drivers listed but the DVD/CD cannot be found.
    In my Computer, It is not listed.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGVhZmJ1cw==?=, Jan 19, 2007
  7. Gott

    John Barnes Guest

    If I remember uninstalling EasyShare did not resolve the problem. The
    solution offered then, was to do a system restore to just before installing
    it. If your installation was a long time ago, that may not be practical.

    I don't have any filters installed, so I am going from old memory. In
    Device Manager for the drive, click on properties. On the far right, there
    is a details tab, on property section, click on the down arrow and look for
    upper filters and lower filters and see if you have a value in either if
    they are present. If so, make a note of them. Let us know what your
    results are.

    John Barnes, Jan 20, 2007
  8. Gott

    John Barnes Guest

    I don't remember if there were filters involved in EasyShare, but you might
    get some info by using the utility available here.
    http://www.bustrace.com/products/devfilter.htm

    John Barnes, Jan 20, 2007
  9. Gott

    Kue2 Guest

    Cut from a msg in the group

    Try this it worked for me....
    This is usually related to a couple of registry keys that somehow need

    Thanks to carlos

    Kue2, Jan 20, 2007
  10. forgive any faux pas i may commit, as i am a noobie. i have tried every
    purported solution seen in this forum, and severl from other forums. Dell
    Inspiron 531s; TSST Corp. TS-H653A DVD±RW. Upon bootup, it spins as if
    possessed, but once Windows kicks in…goodbye. I can write to this drive with
    several progs [NOT nero, however]. trouble is, i don't know if what it wrote
    is garbage or what i intended, as i cannot, under any circumstances, get it
    to read ANY CD or DVD; whether home-grown, or bonafide, certified and
    highly-dignified outta the box, purchased software. Yep, I had easyshare.
    went through my registry with a fine toothed comb with several utils, and
    there is no trace of kodak or easy share in the reg, or on my pyootr. it is
    absolutely bewildering why there is no driver available on this
    'worldwideweb' than can make any dvd in the cosmos run on 64-bit windows. i
    will not point fingers, but someone has truly fumbled the ball; not only is
    the ball in their court—they OWN the court.
    --
    “There is no problem that it cannot be run away from.â€
    — Charlie Brown, *Peanuts* antihero

    memofromturner, Jan 6, 2009
  11. Gott

    bjgj Guest

    bjgj, Jan 10, 2009
  12. Gott

    alex Guest

    I too have this problem, I installed a driver for My Book and an GEAR Aspi
    WDM now appears in the device mananger-properites-details-upper filters of my
    brand new Dell 530. Updating drivers to no avail. I installed the driver for
    the My Book because windows 64 bit wound not recognize the drivers that came
    preinstalled....WHEN WILL WE GET 64 BIT DRIVERS...I FEEL LIKE I BOUGHT AN HD
    TV BUT HAVE NO HD CHANNELS......AGGGHHHHHHHH!

    alex, May 21, 2009
  13. Gott

    andrei Guest

    helloooooooooooooooo

    andrei, Jun 19, 2009
  14. Gott

    Guest Guest

    I think you can't use the upgrade option. you have to use the other one I
    think it says Advance ........

    Guest, Jun 19, 2009