    FC-LGA4, "Conroe" ??

    Please answer in details - sent some links for more infos

    Chris

    chris, May 16, 2007

  2. I have a "Conroe", Coreâ„¢ 2 Extreme X6800 that works very well together with
    XP x64.

    --
    Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
    Coreâ„¢ 2 Extreme X6800

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, May 16, 2007

  3. I run a Core 2 Duo E6600. No problem. What details do there need to be?
    The mobo and the availability of 64bit drivers can be more of an issue than
    the cpu.

    Colin Barnhorst, May 16, 2007
  4. Yes, it works. Now, beyond that. Make sure your mobo mfg fully supports
    64-bit, and has drivers available for all the mobo components. If you have
    peripherals, make sure you have 64-bit drivers for them, or a reasonable
    workaround. And, finally, understand _why_ you are installing 64-bit
    Windows. (And you don't specify Vista or XP, but the same really applies to
    both.) If you have a compelling reason to install 64-bit, then do it. If you
    don't, but are simply curious - then be prepared for a certain amount of
    discomfort as you work through issues. Expect that some older applications
    may not install because they have a 16 bit installer, for example. (Yes,
    there are some workarounds. Usually involving running a second, virtualized,
    OS when you need that app.) Applications that have a driver will require a
    64-bit driver - do you have any that could apply to?

    The list goes on. All that being said, I run exclusively in 64-bit and have
    for over 2 years. But I do my homework and buy hardware with compatibility
    as my single most important criteria. Way in front of price.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 16, 2007