  1. Will Easy Transfer work on one computer with two physical hard drives?

    Will Easy Transfer only be in Upgrade Edtions or will it be included in OEM
    Edtions?

    =?Utf-8?B?TmV2c2t5?=, Jan 27, 2007

  2. Yes. I assume you are describing a dual boot scenario.

    Windows Easy Transfer is in all editions of Vista, upgrade and full. You
    must save your files and settings from one drive to intermediate storage and
    then restore from there to the other drive. You can only do a live transfer
    between two different computers with both running so when you are
    transferring between OS's on the same computer you have to save to a file in
    the first system, boot into the other OS, and restore from the file to the
    second OS.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 28, 2007

  3. Thank you, but I have two hard drives (i.e. "c:" and "d:") and am wondering
    if I can use Easy Transfer to save my files and settings from "c:" to "d:",
    and then reformat the c: drive, instaill Vista 64 on the c: drive and then
    restore my files and settings from the d: drive back to c:.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmV2c2t5?=, Jan 28, 2007
  4. Yes, that works. Keep in mind that Easy Transfer will only save data files
    and program settings. It won't re-install programs for you. But I've used it
    repeatedly on 64bit Vista, from both 64bit XP and 64bit Vista, and it works
    quite well.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 28, 2007
  5. Thank you. I should have added for clarification that I am currently only
    running Windows x64 and the only bootable drive is c:. I assume that will
    not change the answer.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmV2c2t5?=, Jan 28, 2007
  6. Nope, that situation won't change it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 28, 2007
  7. I am confused. The information I read said you had to use a usb drive. I have
    my other files on a internal drive as well as a usb drive. Lets call the usb
    "E" and the other internal drive "D". How do I go about using the "easy
    transfer while in Vista. I also have been running xp64 for the last year and
    a half and had no idea untill I tried to insatll it on the 30th that it
    wouldn't work. I have my system at this time cut down to three drives to make
    the transfer easier.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFRoZUNocmlzdGlhbnMudHY=?=, Feb 3, 2007
  8. You do not have to use a USB drive. You can save easy transfer files to
    network or to a local hard disk if you're running a business edition. XP x64
    certainly is that.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64