    message I get is that the interconnect cable it not connected. Any help
    would be great.

    Thanks!!!
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyayBE?=, Jun 2, 2006

  2. The problem is that there are reserved areas of memory that are used to
    provide PCI BIOS support. Some motherboards are smart enough to re-map the
    memory to take advantage of the fully amount of memory in your system.
    Others, unfortunately, do not. When the mobo (BIOS, really) doesn't do the
    remap, you end up with memory that isn't available. Talk to your mobo mfg
    about it. There's really no excuse.

    On the crossfire - well, I hate to ask the obvious, but do you have the
    interconnect cable installed? The error message is pretty clear. No
    crossfire here, though, so not a whole lot of familiarity with the possible
    problems.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 2, 2006

  3. Hi --

    I have recently built 3 machines based on the ASUS A8R-MVP motherboard. I
    realize that it's not the same motherboard, but the BIOS options may be
    similar.

    On mine, there is a "CPU Configuration" sub-menu to the "Advanced" menu.
    Within that sub-menu there is an "MTRR Mapping" item. In order for me to be
    see 4 GB ram on the machines that I built, it was necessary to set that item
    to "Discrete".

    -- Hope this helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFicml0dGFpbg==?=, Jun 8, 2006