    crashes. How can i manually disable this XP utility so the Netgear software
    can set it up itself. Please make it a simple instruction as i am still a
    beginner at computing, thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeSBtb3JyaXNvbg==?=, Dec 19, 2004

  2. In the Run box-Type services.msc
    Scroll down to "Wireless Zero Configuration". Double-click the entry, select
    Disabled.
    You can control any service this way, but excecise caution.

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Dec 19, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeSBtb3JyaXNvbg==?=

    Guest

    Start menu -> All Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Services
    Scroll the list for Wireless Zero Configuration. Stop and disable the
    service.
    , Dec 19, 2004
  4. Have tried this but computer still crashing when i put in netgear card, blue
    screen saying BAD_POOL_HEADER

    TECHNICAL INFORMATION:
    *** STOP: 0X00000019 (0X00000020, 0X8308D078, 0X8308D088, 0X1A020001)
    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeSBtb3JyaXNvbg==?=, Dec 19, 2004
  5. This article suggests your NIC is at fault:
    http://www.tweaksforgeeks.com/BAD_POOL_HEADER.html
    NICs are cheap-get a new one (Or a used one) and replace it.

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVnaA==?=, Dec 20, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeSBtb3JyaXNvbg==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Dec 21, 2004
  7. I disabled the wireless zero configuration, and as i said it crashed again.
    However after reading Hugh's link to Tweeksforgeeks.com i tried uninstalling
    SP2 and now it's all working fine. Thanks to all for your help.

    Merry Christmas

    Gary

    =?Utf-8?B?Z2FyeSBtb3JyaXNvbg==?=, Dec 21, 2004