Windows wireless connection icon missing in XP

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Infi9ity, Feb 11, 2010.

  1. Infi9ity

    Infi9ity

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hey all,

    I've been working on a friends old laptop after the repair shop left it half repaired.

    It's a "Dell Latitude C510/C610"

    I reformatted the HD and installed Windows XP Home on it but when I finished I noticed there was no longer an icon for finding a wireless connection in Network Connections. (Yes there is a wireless card in the machine)

    My first guess is a driver issue but I can't figure out or find what driver to get and install, and they no longer have the Dell repair CD with the drivers on it. (And that's only a guess.)

    Any Ideas on why it's not working?

    I appreciate any help!

    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Infi9ity, Feb 11, 2010