    location?

    Thanks in advance!
    , Aug 25, 2006

  2. Rich Guest

    On 24 Aug 2006 23:33:42 -0700, wrote:

    >Where does Windows XP store, for any given user's profile, the graphics
    >files for desktop wallpaper. For example, if one right-hand clicks on a
    >jpeg file in the Windows file manager, context-sensitive menu gives
    >choice of "set as desktop wallpaper" or something like that. The
    >software then does the conversion to the wallpaper format (bmp??) and
    >then stores that somewhere. What is the path for that storage
    >location?
    >
    >Thanks in advance!

    windowx sp pro..look for BMP files in C:\Windows

    73,
    rich, n9dko
    Rich, Aug 25, 2006

  3. richard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Where does Windows XP store, for any given user's profile, the graphics
    > files for desktop wallpaper. For example, if one right-hand clicks on a
    > jpeg file in the Windows file manager, context-sensitive menu gives
    > choice of "set as desktop wallpaper" or something like that. The
    > software then does the conversion to the wallpaper format (bmp??) and
    > then stores that somewhere. What is the path for that storage
    > location?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    Open "Explorer". Using thumbnails, look through each directory until you
    find the things.
    Might even find them in "my pictures".
    richard, Aug 26, 2006
  4. Jimmy Dean Guest

    On 24 Aug 2006 23:33:42 -0700, wrote:

    >Where does Windows XP store, for any given user's profile, the graphics
    >files for desktop wallpaper. For example, if one right-hand clicks on a
    >jpeg file in the Windows file manager, context-sensitive menu gives
    >choice of "set as desktop wallpaper" or something like that. The
    >software then does the conversion to the wallpaper format (bmp??) and
    >then stores that somewhere. What is the path for that storage
    >location?
    >
    >Thanks in advance!

    I would have imagined in the sub folders under

    C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Aug 26, 2006
  5. Maybe Guest

    wrote:
    > Where does Windows XP store, for any given user's profile, the graphics
    > files for desktop wallpaper. For example, if one right-hand clicks on a
    > jpeg file in the Windows file manager, context-sensitive menu gives
    > choice of "set as desktop wallpaper" or something like that. The
    > software then does the conversion to the wallpaper format (bmp??) and
    > then stores that somewhere. What is the path for that storage
    > location?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    Right click on your desktop screen, select Properties, Background tag.
    Maybe, Aug 26, 2006
  6. Howdy!

    <> wrote in message
    > Where does Windows XP store, for any given user's profile, the graphics
    > files for desktop wallpaper. For example, if one right-hand clicks on a
    > jpeg file in the Windows file manager, context-sensitive menu gives
    > choice of "set as desktop wallpaper" or something like that. The
    > software then does the conversion to the wallpaper format (bmp??) and
    > then stores that somewhere. What is the path for that storage
    > location?

    The DEFAULT is %WINDIR%\Web\Wallpaper - but it can be just about
    anywhere.

    Me? I save-as, then point the computer to where I saved it B)

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 27, 2006
  7. Rich Guest

    On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:17:03 -0500, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    <> wrote:

    >Howdy!
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >> Where does Windows XP store, for any given user's profile, the graphics
    >> files for desktop wallpaper. For example, if one right-hand clicks on a
    >> jpeg file in the Windows file manager, context-sensitive menu gives
    >> choice of "set as desktop wallpaper" or something like that. The
    >> software then does the conversion to the wallpaper format (bmp??) and
    >> then stores that somewhere. What is the path for that storage
    >> location?

    > The DEFAULT is %WINDIR%\Web\Wallpaper - but it can be just about
    >anywhere.
    >
    > Me? I save-as, then point the computer to where I saved it B)
    >
    > RwP

    that may be on your system. on my xp pro sp2 system all of the
    wallpaper files are in c:\windows and i didn't put them there.

    73,
    rich, n9dko
    Rich, Aug 27, 2006
  8. Howdy!

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:17:03 -0500, "Ralph Wade Phillips"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Howdy!
    > >
    > ><> wrote in message
    > >> Where does Windows XP store, for any given user's profile, the graphics
    > >> files for desktop wallpaper. For example, if one right-hand clicks on a
    > >> jpeg file in the Windows file manager, context-sensitive menu gives
    > >> choice of "set as desktop wallpaper" or something like that. The
    > >> software then does the conversion to the wallpaper format (bmp??) and
    > >> then stores that somewhere. What is the path for that storage
    > >> location?

    > > The DEFAULT is %WINDIR%\Web\Wallpaper - but it can be just about
    > >anywhere.
    > >
    > > Me? I save-as, then point the computer to where I saved it B)
    > >
    > > RwP
    > >

    > that may be on your system. on my xp pro sp2 system all of the
    > wallpaper files are in c:\windows and i didn't put them there.
    >
    > 73,
    > rich, n9dko

    Which follows.

    The DEFAULT location for the STANDARD wallpapers is %WINDIR%.

    The DEFAULT location for stuff saved by right-clicking on a picture
    on the Internet and selecting "Make Wallpaper" is %WINDIR%\Web\Wallpaper .

    Now, which question did the original poster ask? And which question
    did you answer?

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 28, 2006