Windows Vista

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by TurkReno, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. TurkReno

    TurkReno Guest

    Here is something that I wrote tonight that I'd like to share with
    the class. This was from my Computer Forensics homework, laugh if you
    want, but the point is this will be your reality in twenty-four hours if
    your business is "gung-ho" about implementing Vista in a large push.
    Rarely do I ever speak negatively about Microsoft, but this time, I feel
    as
    if it truly has crossed a line. I have files on disks that I want that
    were created using Microsoft and I can't see them. Vista has pissed me
    off.
    The question was from a Thompson book and is a part of the CSSIA
    courseware. "A new version of Windows has been released. What do you
    need
    to do to be ready in 6 to 10 months when cases involving the new
    operating
    system begin happening? Include research, user groups, and others you
    need
    to contact. Write a one-page paper on this procedure."
    And here it is.

    Lasher, MCP, MCDST

    Computer Forensics

    Case Project 3-3

    Honorably so, Microsoft will launch Microsoft Windows Vista in
    twenty-four hours. A new system that is a mix of bugs, lack of support
    on
    3rd party products from both the manufacture and Microsoft, and security
    exploits that would make the average user cringe in fear. At a worse
    case,
    and to complete the black hole that is Microsoft, simple data transfers
    from a CD-R are not supported for some odd reason. Twenty-four hours,
    one
    day. These are our present problems.
    If one were to actually attempt to scale these feats of spiting
    Microsoft's support as a Beta tester, would be the only feasible way
    that
    someone could actually attempt a 6 to 10 month venture into studying an
    almost completely broke product. Case problems would be existent even
    on
    the day of launch if someone were so enthusiastic to support Microsoft,
    so
    it would depend on the company. For my scenario, I will illustrate a
    day
    where a MCDST would actually experience "end-user", a user who is
    requesting assistance, problems.
    Microsoft may or may not push another pre-mature patch within the
    next twenty-four hours. The results would be tragic. For an end-user,
    their range of product knowledge can vary and they can be rather
    unpredictable. This is even illustrated in class. There are ranges of
    students who know more than others and it is a chaos factor. If a group
    was not properly assembled from Beta Testing to answer questions on all
    levels, then there would be a huge problem with the aforementioned
    problems, including Tech Support itself. Research groups who studied
    the
    products would be the Beta Testers themselves. And the user group as
    well.
    In my professional opinion as a Microsoft Certified Professional, a
    Microsoft Beta Tester, and as a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support
    Technician, Microsoft may just flop on this one. The "group" would know
    that and it would be chaos.
    At this point, all they could do is get on their knees and pray.
    Pray to God himself that he did spare them the wrath of the "end-user"
    not
    getting their way, or their bosses and Office 2007 not working or
    importing
    correctly simply causing a loss in job. The humor on the UseNet would
    probably be quite entertaining.
    This new release, which happens to now be less than 24 hours from
    launch, is a threat to the public. End-Users, if not equipped with
    Anti-
    Virus protection that is valid for Microsoft Windows Vista and proper
    configuration knowledge, would be at risk. Windows Vista adapts to your
    needs and wants as far as Administrator rights, but if a company were to
    also implement a computer usage policy, which is a feature that is much
    more controllable added to this version of Windows, I would see no point
    as
    it to just be a "case of the Mondays".
    I would not encourage a company to be gung-ho about Microsoft
    Windows
    Vista just yet because it is not ready. I think that any good Tech
    Support
    Agent and purchasers of Software truly know that. At least I still have
    faith in some people.

    ****

    Have fun.
    --