    the router. Other computers on the system can see the Vista computer.

    Netgear WGT 624 router, two computers are connected via cable and one via
    wireless.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Vista networking is a whole new ballgame. VERY different interface and
    behaviour. This is, however, not really a 64bit issue, in spite running the
    64bit version. I'd appreciate it if you could ask this over on one of the
    Vista newsgroups. Probably microsoft.public.windows.vista.network_sharing
    would be the right place.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 15, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=

    Carl Rash Guest

    I have 3 computers 1 XP, 1 XP - x64, and one Vista 64. I have no problems at
    all (printer and file sharing).

    Make sure they are all in the same WORKGROUP and turn on sharing on Vista 64
    by sharing a folder

    Carl Rash, Sep 15, 2006
  4. Carol:
    Go to Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.
    Set Network Discovery to "ON"
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 16, 2006
  5. "Carlos" wrote:

    > Carol:
    > Go to Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.
    > Set Network Discovery to "ON"
    > Carlos

    Thanks Carlos, that was one of the 1st things I tried when it didn't
    automatically join the existing network (same network name set for all the
    computers). It's obviously recognising the router otherwise I would not have
    internet access

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=, Sep 16, 2006
  6. When all else fails try rebooting the router - some advice I was given a few
    years back and something I've never had to do for quite a few years now.
    This seemed to do the trick and suddenly the network started to work.

    PS. The networking section on the Vista forum would appear to be full of
    folk asking questions and very few getting a response, not like here where
    people will pitch in with things for you to try.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=, Sep 16, 2006
  7. The good ol' trick of rebooting.
    Will God reboot the Universe and see if it ever gets fixed?
    Glad you are up 'n runinn'.
    Carlos (from Argentina)

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 16, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2wgU3RlZWxl?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 08:40:02 -0700, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    >The good ol' trick of rebooting.
    >Will God reboot the Universe and see if it ever gets fixed?

    He does reboot, but the booting crashes every time
    the "man"-process is started.

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 16, 2006
  9. That's because we all do a soft reboot when sleeping, letting the "man"
    process carry the bugs from the prior day.
    We need a hard reboot here.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 16, 2006