    the solution or work around to fix it ? Thanks a lot.

    Cheers,

    Safouh

    Safouh, Mar 7, 2007

  2. Safouh:
    Use system restore and bring your computer back to a state previous to the
    installation of the driver and those programs.
    That way you should be able to power off properly.
    Install one by one the applications and drivers and try to shut down after
    every installation.
    This way you will identify the offending application or driver and maybe
    later try to find a specific solution like an update, patch, etc.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 7, 2007

  3. Safouh

    John Barnes Guest

    Welcome back Carlos

    John Barnes, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Thanks, John!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Mar 7, 2007
  5. Safouh

    Safouh Guest

    Thanks guys for your replies.

    But does anybody from you got a good utility to monitor the shutdown process
    to find out which service or application causing this problem ? Thanks for
    your help in advance.

    Safouh, Mar 7, 2007
  6. Safouh

    mikeyhsd Guest

    might get better answers in the VISTA news groups.
    plenty of them on the microsoft news server
    msnews.microsoft.com

    most likely a driver or one of the installed programs is interfering.

    uninstall them all and then install one at a time and test shutdown before going to the next.

    @sport.rr.com

    mikeyhsd, Mar 7, 2007