    tells I need pemission to perform the action. I am the Administrator, but
    windowd will not let me delete this program. What to do? How can I erase
    that program from my system? Thanks for suggestions.
    C WORRELL, Jan 20, 2008

  2. C WORRELL

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    Copy the following to notepad

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant administrators:F"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" && icacls \"%1\" /grant
    administrators:F"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas]
    @="Take Ownership"
    "NoWorkingDirectory"=""

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\runas\command]
    @="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\" /grant
    administrators:F /t"
    "IsolatedCommand"="cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%1\"
    /grant administrators:F /t"

    and save it with the .reg extension.
    Run it and from now on you will have the "Take Ownership" option when
    right-clicking a file on Windows Explorer.
    Take ownership of the file and see if you can delete it.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 20, 2008

  3. C WORRELL

    C WORRELL Guest