    True or False: The Windows Vista Startup Theme cannot be changed.

    Please say false!!!!

    -ChrisCoaster
    ChrisCoaster, Apr 18, 2008

  2. ChrisCoaster

    Hp Guest

    ChrisCoaster wrote:

    > True or False: The Windows Vista Startup Theme cannot be changed.

    > Please say false!!!!

    > -ChrisCoaster

    on the surface no, MS would ask, "WHY in The World Would You Want
    To Do That!!"

    BUT

    you can delete it, you can use another file and using the facilities
    in windows to change the startup noise to another file, you can
    get a file you like instead and change it's name to the offending
    file name and replace the one you dont like, there are alternatives.
    Hp, Apr 18, 2008

  3. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Apr 18, 6:49 pm, Hp <> wrote:
    > ChrisCoasterwrote:
    > > True or False:  The Windows Vista Startup Theme cannot be changed.
    > > Please say false!!!!
    > > -ChrisCoaster

    > on the surface no,  MS would ask,  "WHY in The World Would You Want
    > To Do That!!"
    >
    > BUT
    >
    > you can delete it, you can use another file and using the facilities
    > in windows to change the startup noise to another file, you can
    > get a file you like instead and change it's name to the offending
    > file name and replace the one you dont like,  there are alternatives.

    ___________________
    Sounds a bit too involved for me for such a simple task.

    You know something HP, this Vista really dumbed down a lot of things
    especially related to sound in their attempts to make Vista more
    secure, etc.
    #1. The audio mixer - no more balance controls, etc, and it shows
    faders only for what is playing.

    #2. Sound recorder - USELESS. No options for setting bit rates, mono
    VS stereo, what source to record from, etc.

    #3. The subject of my post.

    No wonder Vista has a lower approval rating than Bush!

    -CC
    ChrisCoaster, Apr 19, 2008
  4. ChrisCoaster

    flaming-o Guest

    If HP has crippled software controls in your installation complain to HP.
    Those are the tradeoffs for low price big-box store machines.
    Anyway, here's another boffo Vista sound factoid: for reasons known only to
    the brain dead marketers at Microsoft Vista Home Premium lacks built-in fax
    capability. Yet the sound panel applet gives the option to associate sounds
    with receiving/sending faxes. If the devil is in the details Microsoft must
    be sainted because they pay no attention to the details.
    flaming-o, Apr 19, 2008
  5. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    On Apr 19, 12:52 pm, "flaming-o" <> wrote:
    > If HP has crippled software controls in your installation complain to HP.
    > Those are the tradeoffs for low price big-box store machines.
    > Anyway, here's another boffo Vista sound factoid: for reasons known only to
    > the brain dead marketers at Microsoft Vista Home Premium lacks built-in fax
    > capability. Yet the sound panel applet gives the option to associate sounds
    > with receiving/sending faxes. If the devil is in the details Microsoft must
    > be sainted because they pay no attention to the details.

    _____________________
    What exactly are you saying about "crippled software controls" in your
    first sentence?
    If there is a way to get the "full" version of some of these things
    please let me know - but remember:
    explain it to me like a child because I'm CLUELESS when it comse to
    configuration and typing in long strings of letters/numbers/symbols to
    fix things.
    :)

    I'd appreciate any help - in 2nd grade doses remember - that you can
    give me.

    -CC
    ChrisCoaster, Apr 19, 2008