Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC Public Availability Program

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kue2, Dec 12, 2007.

  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...0e-4275-482d-9524-de850c4dd91c&DisplayLang=en
    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC Public Availability Program
    Brief Description
    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC is available through Windows Update.
    On This Page
    Quick Details
    Overview
    System Requirements
    Instructions

    Quick Details
    File Name: SP1RC_Public_Availability_WURelease.exe
    Version: 936330
    Knowledge Base (KB) Articles: KB936330
    Date Published: 12/11/2007
    Language: English
    Download Size: 348 KB
    Estimated Download Time: 1 min 56K Dial-up (56K)DSL/Cable
    (256K)DSL/Cable (768K)T1 (1.5M) 1 min

    Overview
    Install Windows Vista SP1 RC through Windows Update!

    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC is available through Windows Update.
    Experience the WU based Vista SP1 installation by following 4 simple steps.

    Windows Vista SP1 RC distributed through Windows Update will be applicable
    to Windows Vista machines that are running on any of the 36 languages
    supported by Vista RTM.

    If you already installed the Service Pack to your machine by using the
    standalone package, you must uninstall before you scan Windows Update for
    Windows Vista SP1.

    Systems running on Windows Vista RTM require as many as three updates before
    SP1 can be installed. These updates are permanent to your Windows Vista
    systems. Windows Update will detect your system configuration and offer the
    prerequisite packages that are applicable to your system. For details,
    please see the instructions below.

    Here are 4 simple steps to get SP1 on your machine.

    On Vista RTM:

    1. Download the command (.cmd.remove) script to your machine, rename it by
    removing deleting ".remove" at the end of the file name. Run the newly named
    script on an elevated prompt.
    .. To run the script on elevated prompt, after you download the script, right
    click on the file and select "Run as administrator" option.
    .. The script sets a registry key on your system. The registry key is
    required for WU server to recognize your machine as a valid target for Vista
    SP1.
    .. After running the script, Windows Update automatic updates would normally
    automatically update your machine each night for the next several days with
    the prerequisites and then offer the Service Pack. However if you would like
    to install SP1 quicker you can manually do the next few steps to speed up
    the process.
    Kue2, Dec 12, 2007

  2. The standalone packages are an easier way to do the job
    http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?shownews=12876

    Dominic Payer, Dec 12, 2007

  3. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Dominic
    I wanted to try the windows update way.{:))

    Kue2, Dec 12, 2007