Windows Vista Search and Email

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Zygon Curry, Jan 13, 2007.

  1. Zygon Curry

    Zygon Curry Guest

    I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me.

    I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's
    Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it
    says:

    Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other'

    What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use
    Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since
    more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't
    want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the
    'Show E-mail' search above!

    With Vista Ultimate, I'll be using Office/Outlook 2007 (with password
    protected PST file.

    Can someone explain how the above searches actually work? Is all email
    searched and displayed?

    Thanks .

    Zygon Curry, Jan 13, 2007

  2. Zygon Curry

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:32:48 +0000, Zygon Curry wrote:

    >I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me.
    >
    >I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's
    >Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it
    >says:
    >
    >Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other'
    >
    >What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use
    >Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since
    >more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't
    >want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the
    >'Show E-mail' search above!

    List of Vista ng's

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

    You can find the Outlook ng's yourself.

    Me

    why?, Jan 13, 2007