    to dvd files that will work?

    # how can I get rid of the annoying approval request everytime I try to run
    or install or remove a program?

    #4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?

    thanks for help and replies
    susan
    susan, Mar 16, 2007

  2. susan

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:15:33 -0500, susan wrote:

    >Help

    You do know about the few posts in 24HSHD
    that mention the specific MS Vista newsgroups?

    Oh well here it is again,

    Your usenet app, connect to news.microsoft.com
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/nntpnews.mspx

    Web interface
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

    From your usenet provider,

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_account_passwords
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video

    You can also view these groups if carried by Google using

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.vista.general/topics
    just replace the bit between group/.../topics

    In general www.google.com

    ># 1 How can I get rid of the protection that keeps popping up? I believe its
    >called data execution protection. Its a pain in the rear.

    Is it or isn't it? Ok so #3 covers UAC so #1 must be DEP.

    www.google.com search for - vista disable dep
    http://www.google.com/search?q=vista disable dep

    ># 2 My dvd santa does not work in vista. Can anyone recommend a converter
    >to dvd files that will work?

    No. Altthough....

    DVD Santa support / bug report
    dvdSanta: Create, Convert, Copy and Burn Your Own DVD movies.
    www.dvdsanta.com/

    Remember to mention how it doesn't work, what version it is if you
    decide to ask them.

    ># how can I get rid of the annoying approval request everytime I try to run
    >or install or remove a program?

    Ah UAC.

    www.google.com
    vista disable uac
    http://www.google.com/search?q=vista disable uac

    >#4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?

    You didn't read the many blogs, posts reviews saying not to upgrade.

    > thanks for help and replies
    > susan

    Me
    why?, Mar 16, 2007

  3. susan

    Mellowed Guest

    Mellowed, Mar 16, 2007
  4. susan

    Mellowed Guest

    "susan" <> wrote in message
    > Help
    > # 1 How can I get rid of the protection that keeps popping up? I believe
    > its called data execution protection. Its a pain in the rear.
    >
    > # 2 My dvd santa does not work in vista. Can anyone recommend a converter
    > to dvd files that will work?
    >
    > # how can I get rid of the annoying approval request everytime I try to
    > run or install or remove a program?
    >
    > #4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?
    >
    > thanks for help and replies
    > susan

    Just go to Control Panel, Security, Security Center. Turn off User Account
    Control.
    Mellowed, Mar 16, 2007
  5. susan

    elaich Guest

    "susan" <> wrote in news:x1CKh.17600$zJ1.7534
    @newsfe24.lga:

    > #4 Can anyone tell me why I was stupid enough to go to vista?

    Nope, but don't say you weren't warned. If you read this group, there were
    plenty of them.

    --
    A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
    Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?