Windows Vista Performance Codes in Event Viewer for one

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Suzanne MarcAurele, Nov 28, 2007.

  1. I have a client that bought an AMD 64bit processor system that in my
    estimation is an absolute dawg! I have received several error codes
    throughout all of the event viewers, in particular critical codes related to
    the kernel and performance(the logs for a similiar period in a clean install
    of Vista are 2x larger than the clean install). I also discovered an
    additional administrator in Group Policy that I find no where in my
    installation of Vista 32 bit. Is it possible that on consumer machines that
    manufacturers are installing an administrator - the GP even states that the
    system is shared when it is not. Additionally the system crashed totally -
    it was in the restore from the manufacturer's disk that this double admin
    came up - ie after I created an administrator it still persists to show that
    the policy will be updated for this account - could the built in account be
    active? It is a first for me encountering a machine that has so many errors
    - my 32 bit gets a rating of 4.6 and the client's 64 bit gets a 2.6!!!! I
    need some answers here but more importantly Microsoft needs to do an article
    running down the meaning of these error codes - be nice to have a class id
    listing - it took me about 40 hours to pour over the various event logs to
    determine how Vista works - my time would have been cut in more than half if
    there were a reference that really covers what's inside.

    Sorry there is so much here and yet so little but I want to go back to the
    client with an intelligent answer beyond you had this error and that error -
    ie I want to be able to say with some certainty that they ought to go back to
    the manufacturer and demand they take back the system.
    --
    SuzDPQ
    Suzanne MarcAurele, Nov 28, 2007

  2. I'm sorry, but there's really nothing in this that tells any of us what you
    have or what the issue might be. Clearly many, many of us have been running
    64bit Vista without the issues you appear to be describing. You say that
    there's an extra administrator account - but don't tell us the account name.
    It's apparently an OEM install, but you don't say what OEM or what other
    software the OEM install puts on the machine.

    I built the machine I'm using myself. It has an AMD processor, an Opteron
    185 - a mid-range chip even when I bought it, and by now a quite old and
    slow one. It has an old (and not exactly high end) VIA chipset. And a low
    end ATI graphics card in an AGP slot. And 3 GB of RAM. The machine is fast,
    it has exactly the accounts on it I expect (Administrator, Guest, Charlie)
    plus the domain accounts that access it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 28, 2007

  3. Suzanne MarcAurele

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    New VIA drivers released yesterday for Vista x64:
    http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=37&CatID=3180
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Nov 28, 2007
  4. Ah, interesting. I really haven't been having any issues on that old A8V, so
    haven't been looking for new drivers. Well, OK, I am having problems with
    the ATI card, but that won't be helped by these.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 28, 2007
  5. --
    SuzDPQ

    "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> [...]
    > > errors
    > > - my 32 bit gets a rating of 4.6 and the client's 64 bit gets a 2.6!!!! I
    > > need some answers here but more importantly Microsoft needs to do an
    > > article
    > > running down the meaning of these error codes - be nice to have a class id
    > > listing - it took me about 40 hours to pour over the various event logs to
    > > determine how Vista works - my time would have been cut in more than half
    > > if
    > > there were a reference that really covers what's inside.
    > >
    > > Sorry there is so much here and yet so little but I want to go back to the
    > > client with an intelligent answer beyond you had this error and that
    > > error -
    > > ie I want to be able to say with some certainty that they ought to go back
    > > the manufacturer and demand they take back the system.

    Here are some of the error codes with 45000 events logged, several
    functional it was not a matter of detail, neither do I need URL's to drivers
    - by the way MCSE, CCNA:

    Next policy processing for WORKGROUP\3DBGASFRNPUR0$ will be attempted in 118
    minutes.
    error 500 & 501 -points to CPU resources over utilized
    Diagnostic module {A59F0643-A6CA-48E0-A7C4-4CDD258439E2}
    (%SystemRoot%\system32\diagperf.dll) encountered an error while handling
    scenario {FFC42108-4920-4ACF-A4FC-8ABDCC68ADA4}, instance
    {7BFCB492-5B6D-436F-BB89-8AC0B38AA512}, original activity ID
    {00000030-0000-0000-5915-EF3A101FC801}. The error code was -2147024883.
    Diagnostic module {C0F51D84-11B9-4E74-B083-99F11BA2DB0A}
    (%windir%\system32\radardt.dll) encountered an error while handling scenario
    {739FF6CF-5033-428C-9E2F-582096482DD5}, instance
    {B2E76D56-22D4-4630-B1EB-91960393102D}, original activity ID
    {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}. The error code was -2147467259
    Diagnostic module {15FBA3B8-A37A-4F91-BDBA-FBB98FE804BF}
    (%SystemRoot%\system32\diagperf.dll) encountered an error while handling
    scenario {2698178D-FDAD-40AE-9D3C-1371703ADC5B}, instance
    {17A588FE-D17F-4BF1-9ECA-A6046B9306FD}, original activity ID
    {2698178D-FDAD-40AE-9D3C-1371703ADC5B}. The error code was -2057957370.
    Diagnostic module {A59F0643-A6CA-48E0-A7C4-4CDD258439E2}
    (%SystemRoot%\system32\diagperf.dll) encountered an error while handling
    scenario {FFC42108-4920-4ACF-A4FC-8ABDCC68ADA4}, instance
    {A1F5A529-A1EE-4B01-AA9F-1F3D5FB65753}, original activity ID
    {00000030-0000-0000-429F-E602D102C801}. The error code was -2147024883.
    Diagnostic module {282396B2-6C46-4D66-B413-70B0445DF33C}
    (%SystemRoot%\system32\diagperf.dll) encountered an error while handling
    scenario {A7A5847A-7511-4E4E-90B1-45AD2A002F51}, instance
    {49959AAD-7461-49D9-A9DF-198B986EC7B8}, original activity ID
    {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}. The error code was -2147024735.

    2147943645 Internet misspelled for Internet Service Offers - that repeated
    program
    Intenet #200
    The last one is a no brainer and the others proved uphelpful when doing a
    find in the registry, the first list's the admin account, If you can help
    with some concrete answers - ie where to find the error code and class id
    listings for Vista it would bewelcome
    Suzanne MarcAurele, Nov 28, 2007
  6. What OEM? What software is included in that OEM? What account is being
    created?

    From the errors you're reporting, I'd vote for corruption of something. And
    I'd be very inclined to start the troubleshooting by installing a retail,
    known good, copy of Vista from original DVDs. (Do a PIDless install - this
    is just for test.) If you're still seeing major problems, then look at the
    hardware. If the install is clean - then it's time to have a discussion with
    the OEM about a corrupted install or what they're doing.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 28, 2007
  7. --
    SuzDPQ

    Suzanne MarcAurele, Nov 28, 2007
  8. Very unlikely to be the processor. And after all, AMD is the ONLY reason we
    have x64 Windows. Intel had to copy them when it proved to be so successful.
    ;)

    I'd still say it looks like a corruption. If you've restored already and
    you're still seeing it, I'd definitely consider trying an install from a
    clean source. If you still get corruption, RAM is the most likely culprit.
    Followed by HD and/or DVD, followed by CPU as a last resort.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 29, 2007
  9. ARRRGGGH. They just hosed my machine. I'd finally gotten the video working
    (by dropping back to a June ATI build), and they killed my second monitor.
    System restore and leave them alone. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 29, 2007
  10. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    >ARRRGGGH. They just hosed my machine. I'd finally gotten the video working
    >(by dropping back to a June ATI build), and they killed my second monitor.
    >System restore and leave them alone. ;)

    <ahem> If it ain't broke... <g>

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Nov 29, 2007
  11. yeah, I know. I had no business even thinking about it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 29, 2007