Windows Vista Help and Support doesn't work

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by roadgeek9, Aug 2, 2007.

  1. roadgeek9

    roadgeek9 Guest

    roadgeek9, Aug 2, 2007

  2. roadgeek9

    roadgeek9 Guest

    On Aug 2, 12:09 am, roadgeek9 <> wrote:
    > I have just upgraded to Windows Vista Business Edition from XP
    > Professional. I have/had HP Help and Support for Windows XP
    > installed, and I can't uninstall it in Vista. Here is a screenshot of
    > what happens:http://uploads.neowin.net/download.php?file=post-185777-1186023405.jp....

    I fixed it, Dreamweaver was the cause of the problem. It f***ed up my
    xml information in the registry.

    roadgeek9, Aug 2, 2007

  3. roadgeek9 <> wrote

    > On Aug 2, 12:09 am, roadgeek9 wrote:
    >> I have just upgraded to Windows Vista Business Edition from XP
    >> Professional. I have/had HP Help and Support for Windows XP
    >> installed, and I can't uninstall it in Vista. Here is a screenshot
    >> of what happens:
    >> http://uploads.neowin.net/download.php?file=post-185777-118602
    >> 3405.jp....

    > I fixed it, Dreamweaver was the cause of the problem. It f***ed up my
    > xml information in the registry.

    I am waiting for my new laptop sporting Vista <spit>. I am not looking
    forward to it.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 2, 2007
  4. It was on, or about, Wed, 01 Aug 2007 23:21:55 -0500, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    <snip>
    > I am waiting for my new laptop sporting Vista <spit>. I am not looking
    > forward to it.

    I read (somewhere) that DELL had so many returns, that they're installing
    eX-Pee on some systems instead. Here's one story:
    http://news.com.com/Dell brings back XP on home
    +systems/2100-1046_3-6177619.html

    Even M$ admitted Vista wasn't ready when released.

    In other groups, people have wiped Vista & installed a linux distro.
    --
    The universe exploded out of nothingness 14 billion years ago.
    14 billion years later, & some of us have 100 trillion

    William Poaster, Aug 2, 2007
  5. William Poaster <> wrote

    > It was on, or about, Wed, 01 Aug 2007 23:21:55 -0500, that as I was
    > halfway through a large jam doughnut, @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    > <snip>
    >> I am waiting for my new laptop sporting Vista <spit>. I am not
    >> looking forward to it.

    > I read (somewhere) that DELL had so many returns, that they're
    > installing eX-Pee on some systems instead. Here's one story:
    > http://news.com.com/Dell brings back XP on home
    > +systems/2100-1046_3-6177619.html
    >
    > Even M$ admitted Vista wasn't ready when released.
    >
    > In other groups, people have wiped Vista & installed a linux distro.

    I was planning to reluctantly familiarize myself with Vista, to be
    able to repair my clients computers, for a long as it takes me to
    be disgusted with Vista. I'm sure that will take just about a half
    of a nano-second.

    I still have a legal copy of WinXP Pro, that I purchased & have
    been "saving for later". Have also considered a Linux distro.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 2, 2007
  6. roadgeek9

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:52:50 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee"
    <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote:

    >William Poaster <> wrote

    <snip>

    >> Even M$ admitted Vista wasn't ready when released.
    >>
    >> In other groups, people have wiped Vista & installed a linux distro.

    >I was planning to reluctantly familiarize myself with Vista, to be
    >able to repair my clients computers, for a long as it takes me to
    >be disgusted with Vista. I'm sure that will take just about a half
    >of a nano-second.
    >
    >I still have a legal copy of WinXP Pro, that I purchased & have
    >been "saving for later". Have also considered a Linux distro.

    About 50% of the jobs I've done in the past month have been brand new machines.
    The owners buy them, try Vista for a week or so, and get pissed off enough that
    they want the machine wiped and their XP put on. I don't blame them, either. It
    can be a real bitch to get done, because some of the machines (like the VAIO
    laptop I just did) only has drivers for Vista, but there are usually ways to
    work around that, and if they're happy I'm happy.

    --
    Og thought there was such thing as "evolution". How all these stupid
    people still alive? Og boggle.

    Mara, Aug 2, 2007
  7. Mara <> wrote

    > On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:52:50 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote:

    >>William Poaster wrote:

    > <snip>
    >>> Even M$ admitted Vista wasn't ready when released.
    >>>
    >>> In other groups, people have wiped Vista & installed a linux distro.

    >>I was planning to reluctantly familiarize myself with Vista, to be
    >>able to repair my clients computers, for as long as it takes me to
    >>be disgusted with Vista. I'm sure that will take just about a half
    >>of a nano-second.
    >>
    >>I still have a legal copy of WinXP Pro, that I purchased & have
    >>been "saving for later". Have also considered a Linux distro.

    > About 50% of the jobs I've done in the past month have been brand new
    > machines. The owners buy them, try Vista for a week or so, and get
    > pissed off enough that they want the machine wiped and their XP put
    > on. I don't blame them, either. It can be a real bitch to get done,
    > because some of the machines (like the VAIO laptop I just did) only
    > has drivers for Vista, but there are usually ways to work around that,
    > and if they're happy I'm happy.

    Ewwwwww....I can tell this is not going to be happy experience for me.
    I'll let you know if my long hair is still intact for "Locks of Love"...
    sheesh!

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 2, 2007
  8. It was on, or about, Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:31:32 -0500, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Mara wrote:

    > On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:52:50 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee"
    > <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote:
    >
    >>William Poaster <> wrote

    > <snip>
    >
    >>> Even M$ admitted Vista wasn't ready when released.
    >>>
    >>> In other groups, people have wiped Vista & installed a linux distro.

    >>I was planning to reluctantly familiarize myself with Vista, to be able
    >>to repair my clients computers, for a long as it takes me to be
    >>disgusted with Vista. I'm sure that will take just about a half of a
    >>nano-second.
    >>
    >>I still have a legal copy of WinXP Pro, that I purchased & have been
    >>"saving for later". Have also considered a Linux distro.

    > About 50% of the jobs I've done in the past month have been brand new
    > machines. The owners buy them, try Vista for a week or so, and get
    > pissed off enough that they want the machine wiped and their XP put on.
    > I don't blame them, either. It can be a real bitch to get done, because
    > some of the machines (like the VAIO laptop I just did) only has drivers
    > for Vista, but there are usually ways to work around that, and if
    > they're happy I'm happy.

    Seems a lot of folk here are not happy with Fista, & want to revert to eX-
    Pee:-
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?
    admit=-682735245+1186092605977+28353475&categoryId=411

    William Poaster, Aug 2, 2007
  9. roadgeek9

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:36:09 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee"
    <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote:

    >Mara <> wrote

    <snip>
    >> About 50% of the jobs I've done in the past month have been brand new
    >> machines. The owners buy them, try Vista for a week or so, and get
    >> pissed off enough that they want the machine wiped and their XP put
    >> on. I don't blame them, either. It can be a real bitch to get done,
    >> because some of the machines (like the VAIO laptop I just did) only
    >> has drivers for Vista, but there are usually ways to work around that,
    >> and if they're happy I'm happy.

    >Ewwwwww....I can tell this is not going to be happy experience for me.
    >I'll let you know if my long hair is still intact for "Locks of Love"...
    >sheesh!

    Vista sucks many Ll.

    Mara, Aug 3, 2007
  10. Mara <> wrote

    > On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:36:09 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote:
    >
    >>Mara wrote:

    > <snip>
    >>> About 50% of the jobs I've done in the past month have been brand new
    >>> machines. The owners buy them, try Vista for a week or so, and get
    >>> pissed off enough that they want the machine wiped and their XP put
    >>> on. I don't blame them, either. It can be a real bitch to get done,
    >>> because some of the machines (like the VAIO laptop I just did) only
    >>> has drivers for Vista, but there are usually ways to work around that,
    >>> and if they're happy I'm happy.

    >>Ewwwwww....I can tell this is not going to be happy experience for me.
    >>I'll let you know if my long hair is still intact for "Locks of Love"...
    >>sheesh!

    > Vista sucks many Ll.

    I know & I have put off buying as long as possible. I'm starting to
    get questions about Vista, so I HAD to spring for it. I've a feeling
    my clients won't be happy either. They didn't listen to me when I
    told them to wait at least one year to purchase Vista. They just
    HAD to go & do that fool thing.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 3, 2007
  11. roadgeek9

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in message
    > Mara <> wrote
    >
    >> On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:36:09 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote:
    >>
    >>>Mara wrote:

    >> <snip>
    >>>
    >>>Ewwwwww....I can tell this is not going to be happy experience for me.
    >>>I'll let you know if my long hair is still intact for "Locks of Love"...
    >>>sheesh!

    >> Vista sucks many Ll.

    > I know & I have put off buying as long as possible. I'm starting to
    > get questions about Vista, so I HAD to spring for it. I've a feeling
    > my clients won't be happy either. They didn't listen to me when I
    > told them to wait at least one year to purchase Vista. They just
    > HAD to go & do that fool thing.

    Non sense, I am using Vista and I have no issues in using the O/S, just like
    I have had no problems in using the other NT based O/S(s) prior to Vista.

    I guess it all depends upon who is sitting behind the keyboard and mouse.

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 3, 2007
  12. "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote

    > "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in message
    >> Mara <> wrote

    >>> <snip>

    >>> Vista sucks many Ll.

    >> I know & I have put off buying as long as possible. I'm starting to
    >> get questions about Vista, so I HAD to spring for it. I've a feeling
    >> my clients won't be happy either. They didn't listen to me when I
    >> told them to wait at least one year to purchase Vista. They just
    >> HAD to go & do that fool thing.

    > Non sense, I am using Vista and I have no issues in using the O/S,
    > just like I have had no problems in using the other NT based O/S(s)
    > prior to Vista.
    >
    > I guess it all depends upon who is sitting behind the keyboard and
    > mouse.

    I hope that is the case for myself. I haven't even looked at it on ANY
    computer.

    I'm procrastinating on this....;o/

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 3, 2007
  13. roadgeek9

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:17:47 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee"
    <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote:

    >Mara <> wrote

    <snip>

    >> Vista sucks many Ll.

    >I know & I have put off buying as long as possible. I'm starting to
    >get questions about Vista, so I HAD to spring for it. I've a feeling
    >my clients won't be happy either. They didn't listen to me when I
    >told them to wait at least one year to purchase Vista. They just
    >HAD to go & do that fool thing.

    I've played with it. I still don't like it and won't buy it, nor will I
    recommend it, and for a change, my clients are listening. It's the most bloated,
    overhyped, underdeveloped, worthless piece of crap I've ever laid eyes on,
    except of course for Symantec and McAfee AVs.

    Sounds like you're going to have lots of fun, for "AGH! Kill!" values of fun.

    Mara, Aug 3, 2007
  14. roadgeek9

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote
    >

    >> "@}-}-------Rosee" <!!GigAntiCBoSomS!!@Nip..com> wrote in message
    >>> Mara <> wrote

    >>> I know & I have put off buying as long as possible. I'm starting to
    >>> get questions about Vista, so I HAD to spring for it. I've a feeling
    >>> my clients won't be happy either. They didn't listen to me when I
    >>> told them to wait at least one year to purchase Vista. They just
    >>> HAD to go & do that fool thing.

    >> Non sense, I am using Vista and I have no issues in using the O/S,
    >> just like I have had no problems in using the other NT based O/S(s)
    >> prior to Vista.
    >>
    >> I guess it all depends upon who is sitting behind the keyboard and
    >> mouse.

    > I hope that is the case for myself. I haven't even looked at it on ANY
    > computer.
    >
    > I'm procrastinating on this....;o/

    I suggest that you do your homework upfront about Vista, otherwise, you're
    headed for trouble.

    This rule of thumb you should keep in the back of your mind, which should
    be, not one bit or byte touches the machine running Vista from a non Vista
    compliant application, like application that runs on XP.

    Don't upgrade to Vista over the top of an existing O/S like XP, because it's
    nothing but trouble. You should format the HD and lay down Vista fresh.

    Make sure all drivers that are being installed on the machine are Vista
    compliant drivers, as that is nothing but trouble if they are not compliant.

    http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...5ea7-4ad3-be3f-af29f7b48dde1033.mspx?mfr=true

    Install Vista compliant software at all times on the machine, even if you
    have to wait for the vendor to supply the solution or find the Vista
    equivalent from another vendor, doing otherwise can cause problems.

    http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5175
    http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/

    But if you must run a non Vista legacy solution, then you might want to go
    in this direction.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 3, 2007
  15. Mara <> wrote

    > On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:17:47 -0500, "@}-}-------Rosee":

    <schnippen>
    > I've played with it. I still don't like it and won't buy it, nor will
    > I recommend it, and for a change, my clients are listening. It's the
    > most bloated, overhyped, underdeveloped, worthless piece of crap I've
    > ever laid eyes on, except of course for Symantec and McAfee AVs.
    >
    > Sounds like you're going to have lots of fun, for "AGH! Kill!" values
    > of fun.

    Yep! & it's going to be a blast....[.] ....NOT!!!!! But I
    think I am up to the challenge, for the moment....;o)

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 3, 2007
  16. roadgeek9

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    > Yep! & it's going to be a blast....[.] ....NOT!!!!! But I
    > think I am up to the challenge, for the moment....;o)

    Really? Your mind is not right. I feel sorry for anyone seeking support from
    you.

    And you're somehow calling yourself a professional? :)

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 3, 2007
  17. "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote

    > "@}-}-------Rosee" wrote...

    <schnippen>
    >> I hope that is the case for myself. I haven't even looked at it on
    >> ANY computer.
    >>
    >> I'm procrastinating on this....;o/

    > I suggest that you do your homework upfront about Vista, otherwise,
    > you're headed for trouble.
    >
    > This rule of thumb you should keep in the back of your mind, which
    > should be, not one bit or byte touches the machine running Vista from
    > a non Vista compliant application, like application that runs on XP.
    >
    > Don't upgrade to Vista over the top of an existing O/S like XP,
    > because it's nothing but trouble. You should format the HD and lay
    > down Vista fresh.
    >
    > Make sure all drivers that are being installed on the machine are
    > Vista compliant drivers, as that is nothing but trouble if they are
    > not compliant.
    >
    > http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/ed1e3b7d-5ea7-
    > 4ad 3-be3f-af29f7b48dde1033.mspx?mfr=true
    >
    > Install Vista compliant software at all times on the machine, even if
    > you have to wait for the vendor to supply the solution or find the
    > Vista equivalent from another vendor, doing otherwise can cause
    > problems.
    >
    > http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5175
    > http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/
    >
    > But if you must run a non Vista legacy solution, then you might want
    > to go in this direction.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.
    > mspx

    I'll do the old homework thingie tomorrow night. Thanks for the links.

    I'm watching my cereus tonight. And I t'ain't working again on "no
    steenkin'" Sunday either.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 3, 2007
  18. "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote

    >> Yep! & it's going to be a blast....[.] ....NOT!!!!! But I
    >> think I am up to the challenge, for the moment....;o)

    > Really? Your mind is not right. I feel sorry for anyone seeking
    > support from you.
    >
    > And you're somehow calling yourself a professional? :)

    Well, boo hoo. Should I be crushed?...;oþ

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 3, 2007
  19. roadgeek9

    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote
    >
    >>> Yep! & it's going to be a blast....[.] ....NOT!!!!! But I
    >>> think I am up to the challenge, for the moment....;o)

    >> Really? Your mind is not right. I feel sorry for anyone seeking
    >> support from you.
    >>
    >> And you're somehow calling yourself a professional? :)

    > Well, boo hoo. Should I be crushed?...;oþ

    Well, what can be said about you and your attitude?

    You should get out of Information Technology. You can water yours or
    someone's yard, dig up some worms and sale fish bait and tackle for a
    living down at river, if it's that bad for you.

    It will be so much easier for you. <g>

    Mr. Arnold, Aug 3, 2007
  20. "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote news:13b57nkkrbgq721
    @corp.supernews.com:

    >>> Really? Your mind is not right. I feel sorry for anyone seeking
    >>> support from you.
    >>>
    >>> And you're somehow calling yourself a professional? :)

    >> Well, boo hoo. Should I be crushed?...;oþ

    > Well, what can be said about you and your attitude?

    I don't know, why don't you tell me? You seem to have a good idea
    about my attitude & wot I would need to do? How much do you charge
    for an hour of therapy?

    > You should get out of Information Technology. You can water yours or
    > someone's yard, dig up some worms and sale fish bait and tackle for a
    > living down at river, if it's that bad for you.

    I'm seriously thinking about taking a long vacation. I've not had
    one in 3 years. All work, no play, would make most folks attitude,
    lacking. Is that wot is wrong with you also?

    > It will be so much easier for you. <g>

    Might.

    @}-}-------Rosee, Aug 3, 2007