    repair disk. Tried the repair option on here and fixboot from the
    command line but still no joy. Any ideas?
    , Apr 27, 2009

  2. Malke Guest

    wrote:

    > Tried to restore to my Toshiba Equium laptop to factory settings. It
    > started to format the disk and then Blue screened.
    >
    > Now it wont even boot. Error message I get is :-
    >
    > "windows failed to start........"
    >

    > File \windows\system32\winload.exe
    >

    > status: 0xc000000f
    >

    > I dont have a Vista disk (never had one) so downloaded the Vista boot
    > repair disk. Tried the repair option on here and fixboot from the
    > command line but still no joy. Any ideas?

    If the machine would not get through the factory restore, either the hard
    drive is failing or you have other hardware issues. Test the hard drive
    (see below) and if it is bad, replace it. If the hard drive passes the long
    test, contact Toshiba tech support. When you speak to them, also order a
    replacement recovery disk set. This isn't usually very expensive. You will
    need it in any case to install Vista if the hard drive is bad.

    Test the hard drive with a diagnostic utility downloaded from the drive
    mftr.'s website. You will create a bootable CD with the file you download.
    You will need third-party burning software to do this such as Roxio, Nero,
    or the free CDBurnerXP Pro. Burn as an image, not as data.

    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

    Boot with the CD you made and do a thorough test of the drive. If it fails
    any physical tests, replace it.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
    Malke, Apr 27, 2009

  3. El.Plates Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Tried to restore to my Toshiba Equium laptop to factory settings. It
    > started to format the disk and then Blue screened.
    >
    > Now it wont even boot. Error message I get is :-
    >
    > "windows failed to start........"
    >

    > File \windows\system32\winload.exe
    >

    > status: 0xc000000f
    >

    > I dont have a Vista disk (never had one) so downloaded the Vista boot
    > repair disk. Tried the repair option on here and fixboot from the
    > command line but still no joy. Any ideas?

    You will need to repair/replace the corrupted file for which you will need a
    vista install disk. It should be a quick fix with the disk , borrowing one
    from a friend could be the way to go !!
    Good luck
    El.Plates, Apr 27, 2009
  4. Guest

    Usually when you boot and use F8 one of the options is Toshiba
    recovery. (Its a tosh equius laptop). If you select this it then goes
    ahead and restores.

    I'm guessing this is a hidden partition on the desk or something? Of
    course, trouble now is since it started to format the disk and then
    aborted now I cant even get to the F8 stage.

    Looks like hunting down a vista disk might be my only option.
    , Apr 27, 2009
  5. chuckcar Guest

    "" <> wrote in

    > Tried to restore to my Toshiba Equium laptop to factory settings. It
    > started to format the disk and then Blue screened.
    >
    > Now it wont even boot. Error message I get is :-
    >
    > "windows failed to start........"
    >

    > File \windows\system32\winload.exe
    >

    > status: 0xc000000f
    >

    > I dont have a Vista disk (never had one) so downloaded the Vista boot
    > repair disk. Tried the repair option on here and fixboot from the
    > command line but still no joy. Any ideas?

    Have you got *anything* plugged into the USB, PCMCIA or Firewire ports?

    Did you enter the BIOS and set BIOS defaults?

    The correct answers are no and yes respectively.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Apr 27, 2009
  6. Guest

    On Apr 27, 10:56 pm, chuckcar <> wrote:
    > "" <> wrote innews::
    >

    > > Tried to restore to my Toshiba Equium laptop to factory settings. It
    > > started to format the disk and then Blue screened.

    > > Now it wont even boot. Error message I get is :-

    > > "windows failed to start........"

    > > File \windows\system32\winload.exe

    > > status: 0xc000000f

    > > I dont have a Vista disk (never had one) so downloaded the Vista boot
    > > repair disk. Tried the repair option on here and fixboot from the
    > > command line but still no joy. Any ideas?

    > Have you got *anything* plugged into the USB, PCMCIA or Firewire ports?
    >
    > Did you enter the BIOS and set BIOS defaults?
    >
    > The correct answers are no and yes respectively.
    >
    > --
    > (setq (chuck nil)  car(chuck) )- Hide quoted text -

    No and Yes.
    , Apr 30, 2009
  7. Guest

    "" <> wrote:

    >On Apr 27, 10:56 pm, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >> "" <> wrote innews::
    >>

    >> > Tried to restore to my Toshiba Equium laptop to factory settings. It
    >> > started to format the disk and then Blue screened.

    >> > Now it wont even boot. Error message I get is :-

    >> > "windows failed to start........"

    >> > File \windows\system32\winload.exe

    >> > status: 0xc000000f

    >> > I dont have a Vista disk (never had one) so downloaded the Vista boot
    >> > repair disk. Tried the repair option on here and fixboot from the
    >> > command line but still no joy. Any ideas?

    >> Have you got *anything* plugged into the USB, PCMCIA or Firewire ports?
    >>
    >> Did you enter the BIOS and set BIOS defaults?
    >>
    >> The correct answers are no and yes respectively.

    >No and Yes.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    Chucktard, Chuckturd, Idiot, Clueless, Stupid and many more names this
    persons is called as time goes on. He makes no friends and alienates
    all he comes in contact with.

    He will give wrong information, stick to it to his last breath, then
    change his stance to the proper solution when it appears - taking
    credit for it as well.

    This person has no self pity and will steal others advice as his own.
    It's quite obvious when it happens.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) always has to appear right or correct
    and those long threads you see involving him is a "who can last the
    longest" or just the fact that he has to be right no matter how wrong
    he is. and I swear, last post appears important as well, an awful
    combination.

    This person will give advice that can cause you to lose your data,
    lose your computer (bad bios info) or just flat screw you.

    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) running Win98, a person who has never
    used a NT OS yet feels quite comfortable giving advice he has never
    used himself.

    This group likes the fact it's able to help others, (setq (chuck nil)
    car(chuck) ) really doesn't care about the user, just how he comes
    across (and that's always him being seen as right)

    But (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ) anytime you come up with some of
    your bogus advice, I will call you on it.

    Seriously if you receive advice from (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) ),
    google the information first to see if it's even in the ball park.

    Pennywise.
    --

    www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/04/human_landscapes_from_above.html
    , Apr 30, 2009