    How many computers are required?

    What are their system requirements?

    What version of Vista are the exams based on?

    Charles, Aug 17, 2008

  2. Charles

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?= <> prattled
    ceaselessly in news::

    www.microsoft.com/learning

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Aug 20, 2008

  3. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "catwalker63" wrote:

    > =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?= <> prattled
    > ceaselessly in news::
    >

    > > I'm researching this certification (Exams 70-620, 622, and 624) for
    > > self-study. I have three questions:
    > >
    > > How many computers are required?
    > >
    > > What are their system requirements?
    > >
    > > What version of Vista are the exams based on?
    > >

    > www.microsoft.com/learning

    I appreciate the response, but the resource you provide doesn't tell me how
    many computers would be required (I have 4 on hand for this).

    It doesn't tell me whether the coursework includes configuration and
    management under Aero, for which I will have to beef up whatever the number
    of prerequisite boxes.

    The resource you provide doesn't even make it affirmatively clear that there
    is no trial-limited copy of Vista included, which I have gleaned elsewhere is
    *not* the case. I'll also be buying however many copies of Vista (and COA's)
    are called for and permitted under the license solely to accomplish this
    project.

    Charles, Aug 20, 2008
  4. Charles

    SIGH Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:42:15 -0700, Charles
    <> wrote:

    >"catwalker63" wrote:
    >
    >> =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?= <> prattled
    >> ceaselessly in news::
    >>

    >> > I'm researching this certification (Exams 70-620, 622, and 624) for
    >> > self-study. I have three questions:
    >> >
    >> > How many computers are required?
    >> >
    >> > What are their system requirements?
    >> >
    >> > What version of Vista are the exams based on?
    >> >

    >> www.microsoft.com/learning

    >I appreciate the response, but the resource you provide doesn't tell me how
    >many computers would be required (I have 4 on hand for this).

    Then use 4 if you think you need 4.

    >It doesn't tell me whether the coursework includes configuration and

    What coursework?

    >management under Aero, for which I will have to beef up whatever the number
    >of prerequisite boxes.

    Huh?

    >The resource you provide doesn't even make it affirmatively clear that there
    >is no trial-limited copy of Vista included, which I have gleaned elsewhere is

    Included with what?

    ?

    SIGH, Aug 20, 2008
  5. Charles

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?= <> prattled
    ceaselessly in news::

    > "catwalker63" wrote:
    >

    >> www.microsoft.com/learning

    > I appreciate the response, but the resource you provide doesn't tell
    > me how many computers would be required (I have 4 on hand for this).
    >
    > It doesn't tell me whether the coursework includes configuration and
    > management under Aero, for which I will have to beef up whatever the
    > number of prerequisite boxes.
    >
    > The resource you provide doesn't even make it affirmatively clear that
    > there is no trial-limited copy of Vista included, which I have gleaned
    > elsewhere is *not* the case. I'll also be buying however many copies
    > of Vista (and COA's) are called for and permitted under the license
    > solely to accomplish this project.

    The only thing we can tell you is what the objectives are. What
    materials you need to learn the objectives and take the exam are entirely
    up to you. Everyone's different. I'd start with one -- I've never
    needed more than one copy of the client to study. There are a few out
    there that may not need any. There are many more that couldn't learn it
    no matter how many computers they had to play with. Where you fall in
    the spectrum, I have no idea.

    Trial copy of Vista included in what? It's possible you might find a
    trial copy included in study materials -- look on amazon and see. MS had
    a virual version that lasted 30 days you could run on Virtual PC but I
    could no longer find it the last time I looked.

    catwalker63, Aug 21, 2008
  6. Charles

    Charles Guest

    "catwalker63" wrote:

    > =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?= <> prattled
    > ceaselessly in news::
    >

    > > "catwalker63" wrote:
    > >

    > >> www.microsoft.com/learning

    > > I appreciate the response, but the resource you provide doesn't tell
    > > me how many computers would be required (I have 4 on hand for this).
    > >
    > > It doesn't tell me whether the coursework includes configuration and
    > > management under Aero, for which I will have to beef up whatever the
    > > number of prerequisite boxes.
    > >
    > > The resource you provide doesn't even make it affirmatively clear that
    > > there is no trial-limited copy of Vista included, which I have gleaned
    > > elsewhere is *not* the case. I'll also be buying however many copies
    > > of Vista (and COA's) are called for and permitted under the license
    > > solely to accomplish this project.
    > >

    > The only thing we can tell you is what the objectives are. What
    > materials you need to learn the objectives and take the exam are entirely
    > up to you. Everyone's different. I'd start with one -- I've never
    > needed more than one copy of the client to study. There are a few out
    > there that may not need any. There are many more that couldn't learn it
    > no matter how many computers they had to play with. Where you fall in
    > the spectrum, I have no idea.
    >
    > Trial copy of Vista included in what? It's possible you might find a
    > trial copy included in study materials -- look on amazon and see. MS had
    > a virual version that lasted 30 days you could run on Virtual PC but I
    > could no longer find it the last time I looked.

    Then it's not like the Win2K Server Exam, for which the book made it clear
    up front that four computers were required, and provided system requirements
    for them.

    Thanks. I'll see what happens.

    Charles, Aug 21, 2008
  7. > Then it's not like the Win2K Server Exam, for which the book made it
    clear
    > up front that four computers were required, and provided system requirements
    > for them.
    >
    > Thanks. I'll see what happens.

    What book are you referring to? Besides, download and install Virtual PC
    2007 and install it on one computer. The need for multiple physical
    machines are gone.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    Michael D. Alligood, Aug 21, 2008
  8. Charles

    Mitch Garvis Guest

    I see a few of my more jaded amigos replied to this one! :)

    For 70-620 you must know all versions of Vista (or at least the four that
    can be purchased retail in North America. Although you do need to know some
    networking, you can pass the exam getting all of those questions wrong. You
    need one system... though two would help for the issues such as Remote
    Assistance and Ad hoc networking.

    For 70-622 you need to know Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate. You
    should have a basic understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy.
    Again you do not need more than two machines.

    For 70-624 you need to have a system running Windows Server 2003 or 2008, as
    well as System Center Configuration Manager. You should know in detail how
    to deploy Windows Vista and Microsoft Office in multiple languages in both
    lite-touch and zero-touch scenarios.

    For all of these operating systems and applications you can download trial
    versions from Microsoft.com.

    Good luck and let us know how you do!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    Microsoft MVP
    http://garvis.ca/blogs

    Mitch Garvis, Aug 21, 2008
  9. Charles

    CBIC Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in message

    > I appreciate the response, but the resource you provide doesn't tell me
    > how
    > many computers would be required

    Hold on there before you get snippy with CW. She did you a favor and gave
    you a starting point to research your question. It's your question so go out
    and find the answer. No one should expect to be spoon fed any info
    especially if they work/want to work in IT.

    CBIC, Aug 21, 2008
  10. well, sometimes, you know, there are people who actually need exactly that

    Daniel Baecker, Aug 21, 2008
  11. Charles

    CBIC Guest

    "Daniel Baecker" <> wrote in message
    > well, sometimes, you know, there are people who actually need exactly that
    > >)

    Exactly. They are users who have no interest in how things work. They just
    want to be able to do their job.

    CBIC, Aug 21, 2008
  12. that is true,

    I even think sometimes, these are people, who don't have any real
    qualification at all ? I remember my start-offs, it was hard to find the way
    round, but I was lucky, I had a big domain to work on. My boss made me to
    set it up 2 times. The reason was, he wanted too many changes. well that is
    how life can go >)

    Daniel Baecker, Aug 22, 2008
  13. Charles

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Mitch Garvis" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > I see a few of my more jaded amigos replied to this one! :)
    >
    > For 70-620 you must know all versions of Vista (or at least the four
    > that can be purchased retail in North America. Although you do need
    > to know some networking, you can pass the exam getting all of those
    > questions wrong. You need one system... though two would help for the
    > issues such as Remote Assistance and Ad hoc networking.
    >
    > For 70-622 you need to know Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate.
    > You should have a basic understanding of Active Directory and Group
    > Policy. Again you do not need more than two machines.
    >
    > For 70-624 you need to have a system running Windows Server 2003 or
    > 2008, as well as System Center Configuration Manager. You should know
    > in detail how to deploy Windows Vista and Microsoft Office in multiple
    > languages in both lite-touch and zero-touch scenarios.
    >
    > For all of these operating systems and applications you can download
    > trial versions from Microsoft.com.
    >

    > Good luck and let us know how you do!

    All of which (and more) could be gleaned from the exam objectives at:
    www.microsoft.com/learning

    catwalker63, Aug 22, 2008
  14. Charles

    kenklec Guest

    You did not mention which book you are referring to, but it was probably
    telling you what was needed to complete the exercises that are in that book.

    The only computer that is required for the certification is the one you are
    going to take the test on, but you don't have any control over it, other than
    what testing center you choose.

    --

    << bunch of stuff deleted >>

    kenklec, Sep 7, 2008