    I much prefer the more Unixy "home". Similarly, instead of "Program
    Files", I much prefer "bin", or even "programs". Will one be able to
    change the names of folders like these in Vista upon install?

    stork, Jan 11, 2007

  2. stork

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    You'll be pleased to hear that "Documents and Settings" has been renamed to
    "Users." :p

    I believe you can create an unattended install with custom folder names, but
    I haven't tried to do this myself. Someone else may know more.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Jan 11, 2007

  3. You shouldn't change the folder names of system folders, no matter how much
    you might dislike them. THAT being said, there is no reason on earth why you
    can't change which folders your profile uses. ;)

    So, all my documents, pictures, etc, are stored on E:\Charlie. Just right
    click on Documents under your name in the start menu and select Properties.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 13, 2007