    once the testing is complete you get a free copy of the finished product.

    Anyone know how I can participate?, I have heard it is invitation only, if
    so how would I get an invitaton?

    Representative Trantis, Feb 15, 2006

  2. Representative Trantis

    Moe Hawtho Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:16:23 -0000, "Representative Trantis" <>
    wrote:

    >I am interested in becoming a windows vista beta tester as I have heard that
    >once the testing is complete you get a free copy of the finished product.
    >
    >Anyone know how I can participate?, I have heard it is invitation only, if
    >so how would I get an invitaton?

    Call Bill Gates. The best time to get him is Sunday afternoon. If his
    wife answers, tell her it`s important, otherwise she`ll just say he
    can`t come to the phone.

    Moe Hawtho, Feb 16, 2006

  3. Representative Trantis

    Plato Guest

    Representative Trantis wrote:

    > I am interested in becoming a windows vista beta tester as I have heard that
    > once the testing is complete you get a free copy of the finished product.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can participate?, I have heard it is invitation only, if
    > so how would I get an invitaton?

    Contact the Author of the program you wish to BETA test.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Representative Trantis

    JANA Guest

    Go to the author's site and drop them an email.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Feb 16, 2006

    Representative Trantis, Feb 16, 2006
  6. "Representative Trantis" <> wrote in message

    > "JANA" <> wrote in message
    >> Go to the author's site and drop them an email.
    >>
    >> Is that really the only way?

    What sort of hardware do you have?

    Ideally for Vista, you need 1Gb or more of RAM for any sort of speed and
    stability.
    The more advanced 64-bit version will require at least 2Gb of RAM.

    Boscoe Pertwee, Feb 16, 2006
  7. My hardware would probably meet the requirements, but how do I go about
    becoming a tester for the new operating system?

    Representative Trantis, Feb 16, 2006
  8. Representative Trantis

    Plato Guest

    Representative Trantis wrote:

    > My hardware would probably meet the requirements, but how do I go about
    > becoming a tester for the new operating system?

    Subscribe to technet

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Feb 16, 2006
  9. "Representative Trantis" <> wrote in message

    > "Boscoe Pertwee" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Representative Trantis" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "JANA" <> wrote in message

    >> What sort of hardware do you have?
    >>
    >> Ideally for Vista, you need 1Gb or more of RAM for any sort of speed and
    >> stability.
    >> The more advanced 64-bit version will require at least 2Gb of RAM.
    >>
    >>> My hardware would probably meet the requirements, but how do I go about

    > becoming a tester for the new operating system?

    Could take a look here:
    <https://beta.microsoft.com/sign-in/signin.asp?refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fbeta%2Emicrosoft%2Ecom%2Fcontent%2Fbphome%2Easp%3F>

    ‘Hasta la Vista baby’…

    Boscoe Pertwee, Feb 16, 2006
  10. Representative Trantis

    Bill Guest

    Welcome to Microsoft Beta!

    If you have received an email welcoming you to a program and you hav
    reached this screen, please wait 24 hours and try again.

    If you have been issued a Guest ID by Microsoft, please enter the I
    below

    --
    Bil

    *Kind Regards
    *Bill
    This Message Was Posted Free At: UK Webmaster Forums: http://www.ukwebmasterforums.com/ &quot;Prodly Hosted By Session 9 Ltd http://www.session9.co.uk/ &quot

    Bill, Feb 16, 2006
  11. Representative Trantis

    Bill Guest

    Found:

    BetaReq - Application to be a Beta Tester
    COMObeta - Microsoft Office Communicator Mobile
    miisguest - Identity Integration Server
    Native802.11 - Native 802.11
    NDIS_Nominate - NDIS 6.0
    MOM2004Beta - Microsoft Operations Manager 2005
    SCGUEST - System Center Reporting Manager 2005
    WFPBeta5 - Windows Filtering Platform
    smallbiz - Microsoft Office Small Business Accounting 2006
    SCGUEST - System Center Reporting Manager 2005
    DirectX9Beta - DirectX SDK October 2005 Update
    O12Guest - Guest Office 12
    Roam - Favs Roaming Favorites Add-In to the MSN Toolbar
    MBSA20 - Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0
    BizTalkBetaTeam - BizTalk Server 2006
    mshPDC - Command Shell Codenamed "Monad"
    MSDEVICE - Device Emulator Version 1.0
    DebugDiag - IIS Debug Diagnostics 1.0
    iSCSI - iSCSI Software Initiator 2.0 Codenamed "Osaka"
    longhornsurvey - Codenamed "Longhorn" Developer Platform
    MMC21Guest - Microsoft Management Console 2.1
    BetaFandF - MSN Friends and Family Testing Opportunity
    msnmob - MSN Mobile
    myshows - MSN Remote Record Service
    NDISTest - Network/Connectivity Device & Driver Testing Suite
    MOCclient - Office Communicator Web Access Codenamed "Budapest"
    LCclient - Office Live Communications Client
    MABeta - RACF Management Agent
    smallbizsolutions - Small Business Software
    sql05beta - SQL Server 2005 Codenamed "Yukon"
    SSMA_test1 - SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle
    dpmbeta - System Center Data Protection Manager 2006
    SMSInvite - Systems Management Server 2003 SP1, DM, OSD, and SDK
    SMSSP2Invite - Systems Management Server 2003 SP2
    vssp1BetaTester - Virtual Server 2005 SP1
    Win2kURPTest - Windows 2000 Update Rollup Package
    Guest4WDF - Windows Driver Foundation
    OneCare - Windows OneCare
    wInr2nOm or R2B2Beta - Windows Server 2003 Codenamed "R2"
    WUSOEPPart - Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Open Evaluatio
    Program (OEP)
    MaestroTester - Business Scorecard Manager 2005
    MS_BetaApp - Windows XP Media Center Edition Updat

    Bill, Feb 16, 2006
  12. Isn't anyone capable of answering a simple question?

    Representative Trantis, Feb 18, 2006
  13. Representative Trantis

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:21:47
    -0000, in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Representative
    Trantis" <> spewed the following:

    |Isn't anyone capable of answering a simple question?

    Yes and no, but then I am not just anyone, I know how to use a search
    engine. WTF does an ignorant arse like you know about beta testing?
    Nothing. Here is a bone, run with it. https://beta.microsoft.com

    GFIA
    --

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Feb 19, 2006
  14. Representative Trantis

    Plato Guest

    Representative Trantis wrote:

    > Isn't anyone capable of answering a simple question?

    Your tech support service bill is late, so....

    Plato, Feb 20, 2006
  15. "nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    > It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:21:47
    > -0000, in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Representative
    > Trantis" <> spewed the following:
    >
    > |Isn't anyone capable of answering a simple question?
    >
    > Yes and no, but then I am not just anyone, I know how to use a search
    > engine. WTF does an ignorant arse like you know about beta testing?

    Quite a bit actually, I have beta tested quite a few minor products for
    microsoft in the past.
    I have been using a search engine and getting nowhere so I wondered if there
    was any special way of applying.
    But then I wouldn't expect anything positive from someone like you anyway.
    People like you can only ever insult others to big themselves up, rather
    than getting by by your actual ability.

    Representative Trantis, Feb 20, 2006
  16. Representative Trantis

    nos1eep Guest

    It is further alleged that on or about Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:14:30

    |"nos1eep" <> wrote in message
    |> It is further alleged that on or about Sat, 18 Feb 2006 22:21:47
    |> -0000, in alt.computer, the queezy keyboard of "Representative
    |> Trantis" <> spewed the following:
    |>
    |> |Isn't anyone capable of answering a simple question?
    |>
    |> Yes and no, but then I am not just anyone, I know how to use a search
    |> engine. WTF does an ignorant arse like you know about beta testing?
    |>
    |Quite a bit actually, I have beta tested quite a few minor products for
    |microsoft in the past.
    |I have been using a search engine and getting nowhere so I wondered if there
    |was any special way of applying.
    |But then I wouldn't expect anything positive from someone like you anyway.
    |People like you can only ever insult others to big themselves up, rather
    |than getting by by your actual ability.

    You did get the link, too bad they aren't looking for more Vista beta
    testers, eh. BTW, Vista is a pain in the arse, I had to build a whole
    new machine to run it. Anyway, thank you for shopping and GF.

    HAND
    --

    -nos1eep

    nos1eep, Feb 20, 2006