    Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?
    Are there MUI packages available?
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 19, 2005

  2. If you have legal access to build 5219, you have a venue to ask questions
    about it. I suggest that you ask there. (and it is NOT beta 2.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Charlie:
    I have, and don't want to have, access to build 5219.
    I was just being curious about its size.
    From one version (WinXP x86) to another (Windows Vista) we jump form 600 MB
    to 2.7 gisgs.
    What is MS putting in there?
    If that's top secret, well... Let it go then.
    Regards.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Vista is bigger. Yes.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 19, 2005
  5. More drivers have been included for x86 version, it will continue grow to
    support the wide range of hardware over the life of the beta. Here is the
    newsgroup to post Vista questions Carlos:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvis...&cr=US&r=7ba53b32-5996-4d35-a3df-bb6ecc143dc1
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 19, 2005
  6. Andre:
    Thanks for your reply.
    It was more helpful than Charlie's one.
    I had taken the "beta 2" version from your msn space so I apologize to
    Charlie if it is not beta 1.
    Anyway 2.8 gigs seems to me a big jump from WinXP to Windows Vista.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 19, 2005
  7. No problem, the Beta 2 naming was a bit misleading, sorry for that. Its just
    that most of don't realize 5219 is essentially 5112 on the beta 2 branch.

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 19, 2005
  8. "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Windows Vista beta 2 (build 5219) is around 2.8 gigabytes big.

    Build 5219 is not Beta 2 - it is simply a build on the way to Beta 2 and we
    have started work on doing some of the branding changes.
    Yes it is a large package as Windows Vista itself is a bigger product and
    the builds being made available are of a version of the product (like Home
    and Professional of Windows XP) that contains additional features etc.

    > Does it include both x86 and x64 versions?

    No - the package is platform specific (x64 or x86)

    > Are there MUI packages available?

    Not yet.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Sep 20, 2005
  9. "Andre Da Costa" <> wrote in message
    > No problem, the Beta 2 naming was a bit misleading, sorry for that. Its
    > just that most of don't realize 5219 is essentially 5112 on the beta 2
    > branch.
    > --
    > Andre

    Andre,

    It is not your place to apologise for any work we are doing - since you are
    not a Microsoft employee.
    We have no apology to make for the work we are doing on the branding of the
    releases post Beta 1.
    It is also incorrect to say "5219 is essentially 5112 on the beta 2 branch".
    Build 5219 is significantly different from the 5112 (Beta 1) build. It is a
    continuation of the work that commenced after we forked the build tree for
    the Beta 1 release on the main development path. I would suggest you
    refrain from commenting on our internal build processes.
    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Sep 20, 2005
  10. Thanks, Mike!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 20, 2005
  11. I am apologizing for mistake on my part, not on Microsoft's work.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 22, 2005