    What are the acutual implications to me, of installing Vista? Does it now
    control all content on my hard disk so that some of it wont work and some of
    it will not be transferable to my mp3 player any more?
    Representative Trantis, Jan 31, 2007

  2. Representative Trantis

    gowanoh Guest

    The first implication is that few if any of your peripherals will have
    drivers if they are more than a year old and some Epsons that are nearly
    new. And never will.
    The second is that your computer will slow down appreciably.
    The third is that you will have to adapt to even more arbitrary interface
    changes than with WinXP (how else to make what is not new seem new?).
    And CD/DVD authoring, video editing and antiviral programs probably will not
    work.
    Digital rights management in Vista for CDs that you own should not be an
    issue.
    However . . .
    gowanoh, Feb 1, 2007

  3. So will I not be able to run anything? I can't bvelieve there would be those
    sort of problems because if that was true nbo-one woudl buy Vista.....

    Representative Trantis, Feb 1, 2007
  4. Representative Trantis

    my name is Guest

    Representative Trantis wrote:
    > So will I not be able to run anything? I can't bvelieve there would be those
    > sort of problems because if that was true nbo-one woudl buy Vista.....

    - snip -

    sure you can run stuff but welcome to the leading edge...

    http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/ipod_itunes/itunesrepairtoolforvista10.html

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://www.rfruth.net

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)
    my name is, Feb 3, 2007
  5. Representative Trantis

    John A Guest

    Sit back and wait. Let others suffer the pain of Vista and DRM.

    Don't upgrade until you need to upgrade.

    "Representative Trantis" <> wrote in message
    > I currently use my computer to rip cound files from CDs and DVDs and

    listen
    > to them on my MP3 player.
    >
    > I much prefer doing things this way and listening to them this way.
    >
    > I still have XP, and am hearing things about windows Vista preventing this
    > sort of thing.There is talk in the UK of this not being illegal as I am

    not

    John A, Feb 3, 2007