Windows Vista Alignment with Windows Server 2008

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC), Jan 5, 2008.

  1. http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-401e-
    abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true

    "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
    files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
    are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
    that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
    few examples: ""

    Heh heh heh.

    I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
    Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
    WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
    identical.

    That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

    --
    Smoking Causes Lung Cancer

    Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC), Jan 5, 2008

  2. Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC)

    Will Spencer Guest

    On 6 Jan 2008 12:34:15 +1300, Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:

    > http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-401e-
    > abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true
    >
    > "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
    > files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
    > are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
    > that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
    > few examples: ""
    >
    > Heh heh heh.
    >
    > I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
    > Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
    > WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
    > identical.
    >
    > That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

    The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
    Micro$oft are winning.

    -ws

    Will Spencer, Jan 6, 2008

  3. In article <>, Smoking Causes Lung
    Cancer (SCLC) did write:

    > I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
    > Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
    > WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
    > identical.

    Just you wait, all you Windows-badmouthers. Microsoft will be offering a
    doozy of an OS in its upcoming Windows 7, which will be built on the
    super-duper Windows Advanced New Kernel.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 6, 2008
  4. Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC)

    // Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:21:06 +1300, Will Spencer <> wrote:

    >On 6 Jan 2008 12:34:15 +1300, Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:
    >
    >> http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-401e-
    >> abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true
    >>
    >> "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
    >> files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
    >> are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
    >> that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
    >> few examples: ""
    >>
    >> Heh heh heh.
    >>
    >> I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
    >> Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
    >> WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
    >> identical.

    >> That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    >The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
    >Micro$oft are winning.

    These bitches seem to spend a lot of time hunting out MS articles. Get a
    muthafucking life! "ohhh look, an article ragging MS. *splat........cumshot*"

    //, Jan 6, 2008
  5. Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC)

    bret Guest

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:57:06 +1300, // wrote:

    > On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:21:06 +1300, Will Spencer <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 6 Jan 2008 12:34:15 +1300, Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-401e-
    >>> abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true
    >>>
    >>> "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
    >>> files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
    >>> are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
    >>> that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
    >>> few examples: ""
    >>>
    >>> Heh heh heh.
    >>>
    >>> I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
    >>> Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
    >>> WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
    >>> identical.

    >>> That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

    > Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    >
    >>The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
    >>Micro$oft are winning.

    > These bitches seem to spend a lot of time hunting out MS articles. Get a
    > muthafucking life! "ohhh look, an article ragging MS. *splat........cumshot*"

    Did you forget your name.

    bret, Jan 6, 2008
  6. In article <hdvxn1o91l78$.cyn07sljoew4$>, Will Spencer did
    write:

    > The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
    > Micro$oft are winning.

    A certain Will Spencer had quite a suitable retort to this. He said "That
    must be your equivalent of a wet dream."

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 7, 2008
  7. // wrote:
    > On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:21:06 +1300, Will Spencer <> wrote:
    >> On 6 Jan 2008 12:34:15 +1300, Smoking Causes Lung Cancer (SCLC) wrote:
    >>> http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-401e-
    >>> abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true
    >>> "" Windows Vista is aligned with Windows Server 2008, meaning that many
    >>> files are common to both products. A result of this design is that there
    >>> are cases where a common binary is modified to enable a server scenario
    >>> that has limited or no effect on Windows Vista SP1 capabilities. Here are
    >>> few examples: ""
    >>> Heh heh heh.
    >>> I think that this means Microsoft WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Server 2008
    >>> Edition will also have the same very poor performance as Microsoft
    >>> WindowsNT Vista Ultimate Client 2007 Edition, as they're virtually binary
    >>> identical.
    >>> That is, if one is to believe what Micro$oft says (but who does!).

    > Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    >
    >> The more you guys feel the need to talk about Micro$oft the more we know
    >> Micro$oft are winning.

    > These bitches seem to spend a lot of time hunting out MS articles. Get a
    > muthafucking life! "ohhh look, an article ragging MS. *splat........cumshot*"

    Surely that's impossible ...

    Mark Robinson, Jan 7, 2008