    Any advice on this much appreciated. Nb, to all intents and purposes
    this is not a printer problem, as the printer worked fine under
    Windows XP 32-bit.

    cprelude, Oct 22, 2009

  2. cprelude

    Carlos Guest

    RE: Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install correctly

    Hi,
    Turn off the PC and unplug the USB printer cable.
    Boot into Vista x64.
    Once you have the Desktop and disk activity has come to a stop (or so), plug
    the USB printer cable so that Vista can detect the printer.
    Can you see the printer now?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 22, 2009

  3. cprelude

    cprelude Guest

    RE: Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install corre

    Hi Carlos...

    I have already tried this and unfortunately the problem is still as it
    was...No sign of the printer in the list.
    Paul

    cprelude, Oct 22, 2009
  4. cprelude

    Carlos Guest

    RE: Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install corre

    So what happens when you plug in the printer?
    No activity?
    No question mark in Device Manager?
    How about pressing F5 (Scan for new hardware) in Device Manager?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 23, 2009
  5. cprelude

    cprelude Guest

    RE: Windows Vista 64-bit Canon Pixma IP2600 fails to install corre

    Hi Carlos, I can answer one of those. When I plug in the printer, we get
    asked the usual question about searching for drivers. I tell Windows to find
    the drivers on the PC. It does so, th printer is installed, and a we get a
    message in Task Tray popping up saying "your device has been successfully
    installed". I have not tried scanning for new hardware after that as I am
    being told "your device has been successfully installed"....!

    Best wishes,

    Paul

    cprelude, Oct 23, 2009