    this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
    please contact the applications support team for more information
    any help
    hello34, Feb 2, 2008

  2. hello34

    philo Guest

    "hello34" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > my computer will not let me install games sometimes it does ,more times
    > it
    > does not im getting CRC errors all the games i have check and the do run
    > with
    > windows vista i even went back to the shop i bought the games in and
    > exchanged them until i discovered it has to be the computer i installed
    > nreal
    > touranment and i got this error
    >
    > microsoft visual c++ runtime library
    >
    > runtime error
    >
    > program files/x86/unreal tournament/ binaries/ut3.exe
    >
    > this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
    > please contact the applications support team for more information
    > any help

    Is your Vista 32bit or 64bit?
    philo, Feb 2, 2008

  3. Philo, its in the subject line.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 2, 2008
  4. There is a Vista games newsgroup at microsoft.public.windows.vista.games or
    by opening Help and Support and clicking on Ask Someone.

    You should also use the forums for the games you play.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 2, 2008
  5. hello34

    philo Guest

    "Colin Barnhorst" <> wrote in message
    > Philo, its in the subject line.
    >

    > "philo" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "hello34" <> wrote in message
    >>> my computer will not let me install games sometimes it does ,more times
    >>> it
    >>> does not im getting CRC errors all the games i have check and the do run
    >>> with
    >>> windows vista i even went back to the shop i bought the games in and
    >>> exchanged them until i discovered it has to be the computer i installed
    >>> nreal
    >>> touranment and i got this error
    >>>
    >>> microsoft visual c++ runtime library
    >>>
    >>> runtime error
    >>>
    >>> program files/x86/unreal tournament/ binaries/ut3.exe
    >>>
    >>> this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual
    >>> way.
    >>> please contact the applications support team for more information
    >>> any help

    >> Is your Vista 32bit or 64bit?

    Sheesh...my 2nd major error this morning
    I think I should not have gotten up at 4 this morning

    nap time
    philo, Feb 2, 2008
  6. hello34

    Jim Compris Guest

    You're still being a jerk, Colin :(

    Jim Compris, Feb 16, 2008
  7. And you're being what?

    Colin provides help and support to many, many users here, asking nothing in
    return. So far, all I've seen from you is sniping, which doesn't really
    contribute to the community much. We are all here trying to help those
    people who have chosen to implement 64bit Windows. It's not always an easy
    implementation, and there are many things that are different about 64-bit.
    We try to stay focused on that, since that's where our expertise is, and we
    do sometimes suggest to people that they might get better support on an
    issue in a different location. That's not because we're mean spirited, but
    because we actually think they're more likely to get the answer they need
    from a group that is focused around the problem they're having. Our mission
    isn't to answer every possible question from anyone who is running 64-bit
    Windows, but to try to answer the ones that are 64-bit specific, the ones
    where being on 64-bit is _different_ and requires a different approach or
    answer. That's what the folks who are in this NG every day are focused on,
    what we've been helping folks with, and what we've built this community
    around. We'd love to have you as part of that community, helping others and
    growing in our own knowledge and skills in the process.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2008
  8. hello34

    John Barnes Guest

    Shame that we are having to use the kill-file more often in this group in
    the last few months. It was nice with XP in that it would delete all
    current entries also, Vista only kills future posts :)

    John Barnes, Feb 16, 2008
  9. I've never kill filed anyone yet. Been tempted a couple of times, but IME
    most folks ultimately are here to be part of the community. Though they may
    not always express that well at times. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2008
  10. You are such an ignorant nerd to believe that your "kill-file" saves you
    from anything.

    I never expected any shattering ingenuity from the feedback you jugheads
    (Colin, Charlie, and John)provide in this newsgroup to the masses - not
    to mention your wannabe "expertise" which reeks an imaginary know-how
    that only you seem to think is worthy of praise.

    Yes, you, and your buddies are in my kill-file, too, but always pop-in
    like a nightmare. So, those who seek your help, are really disparate
    helpless dudes who really need it. Go getter boys ;)

    John Stewart - MVP, Feb 16, 2008
  11. Diet adviser. Diet anyone?

    John Stewart - MVP, Feb 16, 2008
  12. Just sticking "MVP" on the end of your handle doesn't fool anyone. The
    server provided symbol still isn't there.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 16, 2008
  13. hello34

    John Barnes Guest

    Certainly a choice, but with groups like Vista where there are 50% or more
    are troll posts and thousands a day, not much of one. Many have been
    posting for over a year by now.

    John Barnes, Feb 16, 2008
  14. Ah, but that's one reason I won't go there. It was always going to be a
    problem group anyway, but I also don't like that many posts every day. Just
    more than I'm comfortable dealing with. I have enough trouble over on the
    SBS group - that's above my comfort level, frankly. This group is just about
    right.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2008
  15. He can change his name, but it's the same poster.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 16, 2008
  16. Yeah, life is just too short to spend it scanning subject lines in
    vista.general only to get ripped by the trolls when you do reply to a few.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 16, 2008
  17. Oh, I know. And a troll's a troll's a troll.

    Colin Barnhorst, Feb 16, 2008