    or programs I try to uninstall won't run. I get the error message that
    Updater isn't running.

    Any ideas?
    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Open the Services applet and check that the Windows Updater isn't disabled.
    If it is, set it to manual, and you should be able to update.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Have you installed the latest version of Windows Installer 3.1 to see if it
    will possibly fix this issue?
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a18d-35581c42eca0&displaylang=en&Hash=YYCGHT7
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 21, 2005
  4. That fixed one of my problems. Thanks! Please see my correction to
    Charlie's reply.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Man! I need to be more awake when I post. I had two different problems, and
    mixed them up. The updater problem has been fixed.

    My other porblem is with Windows "Installer". msconfig shows that it is
    running, but when I try to uninstall a program, I get an error saying that
    Installer either is not running, or not installed.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=, Nov 21, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

    Lenard Lund Guest

    This only appears to be for Win 2000 and Xp 32 not X64 Edition and
    giuves this app is for a different platform.

    Lenard Lund, Nov 22, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

    Lenard Lund Guest

    OOPS!!! Upon further review I choose the wrong file the correct one
    worked fine.

    Lenard Lund, Nov 22, 2005