Windows Update

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joe, Jun 5, 2005.

  1. Joe

    Joe Guest

    I have a Windows Xp PC (Home Edition) that is connected to my Windows
    98SE PC which has AnalogX Proxy running on it.
    When I try to run windows update on my XP PC it says:
    >Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

    >Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get
    >the most out of your computer.

    >You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to
    >use Windows Update.

    I AM!!!!

    How can I fix this?

    Joe, Jun 5, 2005

  2. Joe

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > I have a Windows Xp PC (Home Edition) that is connected to my Windows
    > 98SE PC which has AnalogX Proxy running on it.
    > When I try to run windows update on my XP PC it says:
    > >Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

    > >Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get
    > >the most out of your computer.

    > >You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to
    > >use Windows Update.

    > I AM!!!!
    >
    > How can I fix this?

    Well, shutdown the AnalogX Proxy and whatever else that could be getting in
    the way.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 5, 2005

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > I have a Windows Xp PC (Home Edition) that is connected to my Windows
    > 98SE PC which has AnalogX Proxy running on it.
    > When I try to run windows update on my XP PC it says:
    > >Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

    > >Windows Update is the online extension of Windows that helps you get
    > >the most out of your computer.

    > >You must be running a Microsoft Windows operating system in order to
    > >use Windows Update.

    > I AM!!!!
    >
    > How can I fix this?

    PS I have IE 6 SP2
    I think the reason is that I am connecting through my Win98SE which has
    AnalogX Proxy, AVG Anti-virus (Free edition) and Sygate Personal
    Firewall Pro

    Joe, Jun 11, 2005