    therefor I can't do updates.
    Anybody know how to go around this problem?
    TIA

    alexandrew, Sep 21, 2003

  2. alexandrew

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:45:00 -0400, "alexandrew"
    <> wrote:

    >I Installed win me on my system and than run antivirus with negative
    >results.
    >When I want to do win update, I receive a message indicating" the page you
    >requested can not be displayed"

    You might not be going to the correct site. try:
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    Also, you can't have that site in the "restricted" zone of internet
    explorer, can't block active-x, etc. Oh, and you do have to use IE -
    can't get there/use it with a proper browser (i.e. anything that isn't
    IE)

    [ Doc Jeff ], Sep 22, 2003