    surprise me.

    -jd
    j e d @ comcast.net

    Jed, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Jed <> wrote:
    > Anyone tried checking Window Update today?
    >
    > It wants to install new Update software but fails after downloading
    > (apparently) the files, at least on my machine. Tried both the 32bit
    > and 64bit IEs. 64bit just wants to start a 32bit instance of IE.
    >
    > Didn't expect to find anything but I check Update just in case they
    > surprise me.
    >
    > -jd
    > j e d @ comcast.net

    Have a look here buddy:
    http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us
    Don't try IE64 :( it doesn't work because of the activeX.....

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 8, 2005

  3. Jed

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Try the Microsoft Update at http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate.
    This is their new updated update service. Maybe this will work where the
    Windows Update fails?

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Jed

    Dennis Pack Guest

    I just ran Windows update on my Presario R3000Z with X64 RTM, no problems or
    updates available.

    Dennis Pack, Jun 9, 2005