    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 11, 2004

  2. I just loaded the latest 3 critical fixes no probs...but it was only 80c
    worth of data (4mb) via an overcapped jetstream 1000 account.

    I wonder if the download cost is redeemable from Microsoft due to xp being a
    defective product.

    Jed Meisterdude, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Jed Meisterdude wrote:
    > I just loaded the latest 3 critical fixes no probs...but it was only 80c
    > worth of data (4mb) via an overcapped jetstream 1000 account.

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14051 seems to suggest that they're
    having "issues"

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 11, 2004
  4. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    XPD Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > I've been trying to grab some updates for some older machines that
    > havent been online for a while, and I keep running into this.
    >
    > www.dave.net.nz/images/winupd.jpg 106k and the only way around it seems
    > to be to close down IE, and try again.

    I had issues yesterday updating my Win98 laptop from there.... was getting
    errors along the lines of "Your time/date is incorrect, please correct i
    and try again".
    Time and date were fine... tried again this morning and went thru fine.

    XPD, Feb 11, 2004
  5. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    harry Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > I've been trying to grab some updates for some older machines that
    > havent been online for a while, and I keep running into this.
    >
    > www.dave.net.nz/images/winupd.jpg 106k and the only way around it
    > seems to be to close down IE, and try again.

    It happens.
    There is a download page you can use instead of Windows Update

    harry, Feb 11, 2004
  6. harry wrote:
    >>I've been trying to grab some updates for some older machines that
    >>havent been online for a while, and I keep running into this.
    >>www.dave.net.nz/images/winupd.jpg 106k and the only way around it
    >>seems to be to close down IE, and try again.

    > It happens.
    > There is a download page you can use instead of Windows Update

    yeah I know... initially I thought it might be just me, but then I found
    others with the same, I suppose a DOS would do that :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 11, 2004
  7. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    harry Guest

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > harry wrote:
    >>> I've been trying to grab some updates for some older machines that
    >>> havent been online for a while, and I keep running into this.
    >>> www.dave.net.nz/images/winupd.jpg 106k and the only way around it
    >>> seems to be to close down IE, and try again.

    >> It happens.
    >> There is a download page you can use instead of Windows Update

    > yeah I know... initially I thought it might be just me, but then I
    > found others with the same, I suppose a DOS would do that :)

    The BBC World Channel was carrying a lead news item saying that MS advised
    all XP 2k NT users to update ASAP, so that might put some extra load on
    Windows Update

    harry, Feb 11, 2004