    Install now button and a screen comes up saying "Windows Update is
    downloading and installing the updated sotware". But nothing happens. No
    download, no nothing. Any ideas?

    Bob Mackey, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Maybe its because you don't need it. Are you able to close it out and
    continue the process of obtaining updates excluding the upgrade of Windows
    Update?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005

  3. "Bob Mackey" <> wrote in message
    > I am running the 120 day evaluation of Windows XP Professional x64
    > Edition. When I go to the Windows update site using the 32 bit Internet
    > Explorer, it brings up a screen "checking if your computer has the latest
    > version of Windows updating software". Then a screen appears saying "Get
    > the latest Windows update software" and there is an install now button. I
    > click on the Install now button and a screen comes up saying "Windows
    > Update is downloading and installing the updated sotware". But nothing
    > happens. No download, no nothing. Any ideas?

    Sounds like your security settings are set too high. Aslo, make sure you
    turn off the popup blocker for some sites. I know Creative's auto-update
    site needs you to do that. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 27, 2005
  4. Bob Mackey

    Bob Mackey Guest

    Security settings are default and the pop-up blocker is off. Looks like I
    may be doing a repair if I can't figure this out.

    Bob Mackey, Jun 27, 2005
  5. Bob Mackey

    Bob Mackey Guest

    Andre,
    I get nowhere in the process of obtaining updates. Hangs on the
    downloading update software screen. Unable to close this out and proceed any
    further. If there were no updates should I not see a screen advising me of
    that like you get in WinXP Pro when there are no updates?

    Bob Mackey, Jun 27, 2005
  6. "Bob Mackey" <> wrote in message
    > Security settings are default and the pop-up blocker is off. Looks like I
    > may be doing a repair if I can't figure this out.

    Yup, that may be the way to go.

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 27, 2005
  7. I've seen this problem many times, you should just try again later -- and
    avoid trying to use WU on the Sunday evening, it's often down at that time
    of the week...

    Julian Lord [PROneTworks], Jun 27, 2005
  8. I'd the same problem... but it worket fine with IE 32bits....

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFsZXdpbmQ=?=, Jun 27, 2005
  9. Like Julian said just wait a bit, I don't think getting any updates for x64
    right now is a detriment.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 27, 2005
  10. Bob Mackey

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Try Windows Update at http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate

    This will check for updates across most Microsoft Products, not just Windows
    or IE.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services