windows update problem...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by T.B., Dec 10, 2004.

  1. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    performed some windows updates this morning on a W2K Pro machine and after
    rebooting, went back to the WUpdate site to finish them off. When I got
    there, the page sort of hung and I got the following error:

    The Windows Update site has not finished loading. To continue waiting Click
    OK To prompt Windows update site to load again select cancel. I tried
    both and it just gets stuck in a loop.

    So I went into Control Panel>>Add/Remove Programs to try and repair IE but
    all of the entries in the list were corrupted as well. Only the icon for
    each App. showed, with no text description and/or button to do anything
    with. The list of Apps. went on forever too.

    I also noticed that when I go into IE to say google, I can't click the
    cursor into the text search box. This is on all pages, not just google. I
    can click links with the mouse and surf that way, but cannot enter any text
    into webform dialog boxes, etc.

    What do I do to get things back to normal? Uninstall each Windows Update
    from it's respective folder in C:\WINNT? Has anyone else experienced this
    weird behavior?

    thanks

    TB

    T.B., Dec 10, 2004

  2. T.B.

    Guest

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 07:26:55 -0600, "T.B." <>
    wrote:

    |> I also noticed that when I go into IE to say google, I can't click the
    |> cursor into the text search box. This is on all pages, not just google. I
    |> can click links with the mouse and surf that way, but cannot enter any text
    |> into webform dialog boxes, etc.

    You can hit the TAB key to move around in a web page. I just hope you
    can enter text.

    |> What do I do to get things back to normal?

    Hopefully google will turn up something.

    --

    , Dec 10, 2004

  3. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    google turned up nothing. that's why i came here.

    TB

    T.B., Dec 10, 2004
  4. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    had to reinstall windows. Recovery Console Repair did not work.

    TB

    T.B., Dec 12, 2004