    What is going on? Should I get this error - I'm downloading from the
    official MS Windows Update site so how can this happen.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    GD, Jul 8, 2004

  2. GD

    °Mike° Guest

    You cannot install some updates or programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:31:20 +0100, in
    <40ec95da$0$6448$>
    GD scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004

  3. GD

    MsyJsy Guest

    I get the same thing when trying to install the software for my scanner, and
    my printer.
    I do not know what it means for sure but it seems to be telling me that it
    is useless on an XP OS.
    Is that the way it is, you upgrade one peace (the tower) and you have to
    replace all of your peripherals.
    --
    MsyJsy

    MsyJsy, Jul 8, 2004
  4. GD

    Alex B Guest

    Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware tab -> Driver
    Signing -> change this to Ignore and make it the system default. Should
    help :)

    Alex B, Jul 8, 2004
  5. GD

    MsyJsy Guest

    Thanks.
    So much on this to absorb, hell `98 was bad enough, now I have to readjust.

    --
    MsyJsy

    MsyJsy, Jul 8, 2004