    Roger Lemon
    Newport Pagnell
    England

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgTGVtb24=?=, May 11, 2005

  2. In case anyone's seen this post and is awaiting an answer, I've now solved
    this problem by changing from PPPoE to PPPoA. I've also carried out some ping
    tests and dropped my MTU from 1492 to 1466 - the highest I can go without any
    fragmentation.

    It was the PPPoA setting change that made the MS updates possible. I
    believe my original mistake was in assuming the Belkin set up to have adopted
    PPPoE automatically as the most appropriate. I now realise that the radio
    button defaulted to that setting as it was the first one in the list.

    Everything worked well under PPPoE and MTU of 1492 (even AOL to my surprise)
    except the Windows Updates but this morning, after making the above changes,
    I now have the latest MSRT which downloaded automatically under my present
    setup.

    --
    Roger Lemon
    Newport Pagnell

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgTGVtb24=?=, May 12, 2005