    Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
    page

    Worked fine the last time i updated

    Craig Sutton, Sep 4, 2003

  2. Craig Sutton

    Howard Guest

    Craig Sutton wrote:
    > Running Win 98SE Windows update site no longer seems to be working?
    > Page loads but complains
    >
    > Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the
    > requested page
    >
    > Worked fine the last time i updated

    You havn't blocked ad sites in your hosts file have you?

    Windows update is hosted on an akamai distributed caching server
    a248.e.akamai.net - check to see if that line appears in your hosts file...

    Howard, Sep 4, 2003

  3. On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:39:11 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:

    > Running Win 98SE Windows update site no longer seems to be working?
    > Page loads but complains
    >
    > Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested
    > page
    >
    > Worked fine the last time i updated

    Keep trying
    Its done that to me before and then resolved itself (with 98SE)

    Olson Johnson, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Craig Sutton

    Enkidu Guest

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:02:43 +1200, "Howard" <>
    wrote:

    >Craig Sutton wrote:
    >> Running Win 98SE Windows update site no longer seems to be working?
    >> Page loads but complains
    >>
    >> Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the
    >> requested page
    >>
    >> Worked fine the last time i updated

    >You havn't blocked ad sites in your hosts file have you?
    >
    >Windows update is hosted on an akamai distributed caching server
    >a248.e.akamai.net - check to see if that line appears in your hosts file...

    It might be a different one next time!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.