    Running Vista Home Premium, 3GB Ram, Microsoft Office 2007 Student Edition (Genuine copy).

    Anyone thoughts on this or experienced the same problem?

    Si67
    Si9\, Nov 12, 2008

  2. Si9\

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Si9" wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > installed latest batch of MS updates but KB951550 will not install.
    > KB951550 seems to relate to MS Office 2007.
    >
    > Have rebooted many times and tried again with no luck.
    >
    > Each time I get error Code 57A. Running a search on the Microsoft site
    > returns nothing for this.
    >
    > Running Vista Home Premium, 3GB Ram, Microsoft Office 2007 Student
    > Edition (Genuine copy).
    >
    > Anyone thoughts on this or experienced the same problem?

    Ignore it, it will go away.
    Cork Soaker, Nov 12, 2008

  3. Si9\

    chuckcar Guest

    "Si9\"" <> wrote in news:%VGSk.57280$2:

    > Hi all
    >
    > installed latest batch of MS updates but KB951550 will not install.
    > KB951550 seems to relate to MS Office 2007.
    >
    > Have rebooted many times and tried again with no luck.
    >
    > Each time I get error Code 57A. Running a search on the Microsoft site
    > returns nothing for this.
    >
    > Running Vista Home Premium, 3GB Ram, Microsoft Office 2007 Student
    > Edition (Genuine copy).
    >
    > Anyone thoughts on this or experienced the same problem?

    No error messages, it just doesn't appear in add/remove programs on
    reboot?

    Yes, that *is* a leading question.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 13, 2008
  4. Si9\

    elaich Guest

    ftwhd wrote in news::

    > Don't post binary messages to a text group you friggin tard. I am the
    > real ftwhd and I approve this message.

    He didn't post binary - he posted HTML. Also no word wrap. Typical clueless
    Outhouse Distress user.
    elaich, Nov 13, 2008
  5. Si9\

    Cork Soaker Guest

    Cork Soaker, Nov 13, 2008
  6. Si9\

    YasharF

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Fixed

    Here are what I found and how I fixed the problem: :driver:
    - It seemed that the MS Installer was bad, so I tried to repair it by
    --- Used the build in office diagnostic (any office application -> Help -> Office Diagnostic. It did not find a problem.
    --- Tried Add Remove Programs in the Control Panel for Repair. The installer was not even able to launch.
    --- Tried to do reinstall using the Office CD, but the setup would not launch neither.
    --- Opened the command prompt (CMD) and went to the office CD location and tried to launch office repair by "setup /repair <office product id>", and realized that I need the office product id from my installation. The id is stored under a folder in the CD that ends with ".ww" in a file named config.xml. For example, it could be something like: ProPlus, Enterprise, PrjPro, VisPro. After figuring this out, tried the repair using "setup /repair <id>", which launched the repair stuff. It went through about half way and failed.
    --- Used Windows Install Clean Up from MS (support.microsoft.com/kb/290301) and removed all pieces of the Office installation references (there were more than 10 different ones, about one or two per office application).
    --- Tried to do reinstall using the Office CD, and it worked. Just installed over the old office files with the options that I had done the original installation.
    --- Went to the Windows Updates website and got Office 2007 SP1.
    --- Went to the Windows Updates website and got all of the other Office 2007 updates including kb951550.

    Now it is all Fixed :veryprou:
    YasharF, Nov 23, 2008