Windows Update: Intel Corporation - Networking - Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection - What Is I

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Apr 26, 2006.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hi

    Went to Windows Update (XP) to see what's new, and it suggested downloading
    the following update:

    Intel Corporation - Networking - Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
    Download size: 218 KB , less than 1 minute
    Intel network software update released on June 13 2005. Details...

    But their "Details..." doesn't work.
    So, I know nothing about what this does.

    Hate updating stuff without at least a little knowledge of.

    Anyone know anything about what this does, or corrects ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Robert11

    Steve Brooks Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Went to Windows Update (XP) to see what's new, and it suggested
    > downloading the following update:
    >
    > Intel Corporation - Networking - Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
    > Connection Download size: 218 KB , less than 1 minute
    > Intel network software update released on June 13 2005. Details...
    >
    > But their "Details..." doesn't work.
    > So, I know nothing about what this does.
    >
    > Hate updating stuff without at least a little knowledge of.
    >
    > Anyone know anything about what this does, or corrects ?

    It looks like an updated driver for an on-board ethernet port. Intel's
    website should be able to tell you what problems it's supposed to fix.

    --

    SB

    Steve Brooks, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Robert11

    John Holmes Guest

    Robert11 blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi
    >
    > Went to Windows Update (XP) to see what's new, and it suggested
    > downloading the following update:
    >
    > Intel Corporation - Networking - Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network
    > Connection Download size: 218 KB , less than 1 minute
    > Intel network software update released on June 13 2005. Details...
    >
    > But their "Details..." doesn't work.
    > So, I know nothing about what this does.
    >
    > Hate updating stuff without at least a little knowledge of.
    >
    > Anyone know anything about what this does, or corrects ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    It's an updated driver for your network card. It's harmless to install.

    --
    Your mother was an old devil who never played hard to get in shopping
    centers.

    John Holmes, Apr 26, 2006
  4. Robert11

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:59:14 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

    > Robert11 blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Went to Windows Update (XP) to see what's new, and it suggested
    >> downloading the following update:
    >>
    >> Intel Corporation - Networking - Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
    >> Download size: 218 KB , less than 1 minute Intel network software update
    >> released on June 13 2005. Details...
    >>
    >> But their "Details..." doesn't work.
    >> So, I know nothing about what this does.
    >>
    >> Hate updating stuff without at least a little knowledge of.
    >>
    >> Anyone know anything about what this does, or corrects ?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Bob
    >>

    > It's an updated driver for your network card. It's harmless to install.

    Driver updates from M$ are not always harmless.

    Meat Plow, Apr 27, 2006