    Kandy Guest

    Xp updates download but will not install. Have installer 3.1 installed
    but that is all.
    Kandy, Jan 11, 2008

  2. Kandy

    Engineer Guest

    "Kandy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Xp updates download but will not install. Have installer 3.1 installed
    > but that is all.

    Thanks for the information. I'll sleep a lot better tonight knowing that.
    Engineer, Jan 11, 2008

  3. Kandy

    sdlomi2 Guest

    "Kandy" <> wrote in message
    > Xp updates download but will not install. Have installer 3.1 installed
    > but that is all.

    I had success with this.

    I re-registered the Windows update dll as suggested by the following
    post from http://forums.vnunet.com/message.jspa?messageID=870658

    Try re-registering the windows update components. This may help fix a
    corrupt installer

    1. Click on Start and Run,
    2. Type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and press
    Enter.
    3. Should get the message "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded"
    Click OK.
    4. Repeat above for each of the following:

    REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
    REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
    REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
    REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
    REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
    REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
    REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL

    5. Reboot

    Now try to install your updates.

    http://forums.vnunet.com/message.jspa?messageID=870658

    I hope this helps you as it did me and lots of others--had a bunch of
    complaints back in the summer. See the newsgroup:
    "microsoft.public.windowsupdate"
    sdlomi2, Jan 11, 2008
  4. Kandy

    Kandy Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:15:00 -0500, "sdlomi2"
    <> wrote:

    >"Kandy" <> wrote in message
    >> Xp updates download but will not install. Have installer 3.1 installed
    >> but that is all.

    > I had success with this.
    >
    >I re-registered the Windows update dll as suggested by the following
    >post from http://forums.vnunet.com/message.jspa?messageID=870658
    >
    >Try re-registering the windows update components. This may help fix a
    >corrupt installer
    >

    >1. Click on Start and Run,
    >2. Type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and press
    >Enter.
    >3. Should get the message "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded"
    >Click OK.
    >4. Repeat above for each of the following:
    >
    >REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
    >REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
    >REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
    >REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
    >REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
    >REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
    >REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
    >
    >5. Reboot
    >
    >Now try to install your updates.
    >
    >http://forums.vnunet.com/message.jspa?messageID=870658
    >
    > I hope this helps you as it did me and lots of others--had a bunch of
    >complaints back in the summer. See the newsgroup:
    >"microsoft.public.windowsupdate"

    Did all but still got the rebuff that some updates could not be set
    up, actually none of them.
    Kandy, Jan 11, 2008
  5. Kandy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Those directions are incomplete, which is probably why it did not work. I
    have an automated tool to fix it. Download it here
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/asvchostsfixr.zip After running it you
    will have to redownload all MS updates. Click continue when prompted until
    the program ends after about 1 minute.

    pcbutts1, Jan 12, 2008
  6. Kandy

    Leythos Guest

    In article <fm94fk$63n$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > Those directions are incomplete

    But the PORNO on your website where you direct people to download your
    questionable products, is complete - complete filth.

    No reputable anti-malware person hosts porn on the same site they
    provide help from.

    --

    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    Fight exposing kids to porn, complain about sites like PCBUTTS 1.COM
    that create filth and put it on the web for any kid to see: Just take a
    look at some of the FILTH he's created and put on his website:
    http://forums.speedguide.net/archive/index.php/t-223485.html all exposed
    'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Jan 12, 2008
  7. Kandy

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:10:55 GMT, Kandy <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:15:00 -0500, "sdlomi2"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"Kandy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Xp updates download but will not install. Have installer 3.1 installed
    >>> but that is all.

    >> I had success with this.
    >>
    >>I re-registered the Windows update dll as suggested by the following
    >>post from http://forums.vnunet.com/message.jspa?messageID=870658
    >>
    >>Try re-registering the windows update components. This may help fix a
    >>corrupt installer
    >>

    >>1. Click on Start and Run,
    >>2. Type "REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL" (without quotation marks) and press
    >>Enter.
    >>3. Should get the message "DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded"
    >>Click OK.
    >>4. Repeat above for each of the following:
    >>
    >>REGSVR32 WUAUENG1.DLL
    >>REGSVR32 ATL.DLL
    >>REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL
    >>REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL
    >>REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL
    >>REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL
    >>REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL
    >>
    >>5. Reboot
    >>
    >>Now try to install your updates.
    >>
    >>http://forums.vnunet.com/message.jspa?messageID=870658
    >>
    >> I hope this helps you as it did me and lots of others--had a bunch of
    >>complaints back in the summer. See the newsgroup:
    >>"microsoft.public.windowsupdate"
    >>

    >Did all but still got the rebuff that some updates could not be set
    >up, actually none of them.

    Did you do a repair install. If so then try this
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
    joevan, Jan 13, 2008