    Anyone have any ideas as to why that might be?

    Thanks in advance,
    Dave

    dave, Jan 2, 2004

  2. dave

    Mara Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/37plo

    >Thanks in advance,
    >Dave

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r

    Mara, Jan 2, 2004

  3. dave

    °Mike° Guest

    Close IE and clear your temporary internet files from
    Control Panel / Internet Options. Be sure to check
    the box to include all offline content.

    Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to the
    C:\Windows\WUTemp or C:\WUTemp, and
    C:\Windows\msdownld.tmp folders. Empty
    them if they contain anything.

    Go to the 'Downloaded Programs Files' folder, and find
    the Microsoft update ActiveX class. It should be named
    'Udate class', and if you right click and choose 'Properties',
    it should point to:
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/ansi/iuctl.CAB
    Right click and choose 'Remove'.

    Next, search your drive (Find / Files) for the following
    two files, and delete them: iuctl.dll and iuengine.dll .

    Lastly, go to the C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate\V4
    folder and delete everything.

    Now check that your internet zone in Control Panel / Internet
    Options / Security is set to 'Default'.

    Visit Windows Update again.
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

    IMPORTANT: You must disable your antivirus before visiting
    Windows Update, otherwise the iuctl.dll file may not be
    installed, or may be corrupted.

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:29:22 GMT, in
    <m9nJb.262473$_M.1224975@attbi_s54>
    dave scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 2, 2004
  4. dave

    dave Guest

    Thanks, Mike. Mara's help was of no help at all to me. I appreciate your
    type much better.
    Thanks again.
    Dave

    dave, Jan 2, 2004
  5. dave

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:50:43 GMT, in
    <ntnJb.198485$8y1.663786@attbi_s52>
    dave scrawled:

    >Thanks, Mike. Mara's help was of no help at all to me.

    Did you even try it?

    >I appreciate your type much better.

    I'm sure I don't know what you mean by that. If you
    mean "my type of advice", then I often give links for
    others to take from there, just as Mara did.

    >Thanks again.

    You're welcome.

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004