    Anyone has found a solution yet?

    Thanks in advance !
    , Aug 20, 2003

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Last weekend the "Windows Update" was functioning okay. Now it displays

    this
    > error. I read in a newsgroup it might be because of Microsoft moving the
    > Update-site to a Linux server (Akamai).
    >
    > Anyone has found a solution yet?
    >
    > Thanks in advance !

    It works for me.

    However, I suggest cleaning cache/cookies/etc from the browser and trying
    again to see...

    NOI
    thund3rstruck_n0i, Aug 20, 2003

  3. se wrote:

    >Last weekend the "Windows Update" was functioning okay. Now it displays this
    >error. I read in a newsgroup it might be because of Microsoft moving the
    >Update-site to a Linux server (Akamai).

    Complete and utter shite.

    >Anyone has found a solution yet?

    Go here - NOW:
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

    >Thanks in advance !

    Always a pleasure.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:37:48 -0400, "thund3rstruck_n0i"
    <> wrote:

    > However, I suggest cleaning cache/cookies/etc from the browser and trying
    >again to see...

    I did that (and removed some remaining stuff by hand under dos).

    Alas ... :-(
    , Aug 20, 2003
  5. Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:15:12 +0100, Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    <> wrote:

    >>Anyone has found a solution yet?

    >Go here - NOW:
    >http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

    Still results in

    --------------------
    Windows Update Error

    Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

    Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows Update
    services, or send us your feedback.

    Windows Update Home Page
    About Windows Update
    Support Information

    You can also get online support if you are having problems with Windows Update.

    Send error number to Microsoft (0x800A138F)
    Note This sends error information but does not create a support incident; you
    may or may not receive a response.
    --------------------

    And I have been on:
    http://www.download.windowsupdate.com
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    http://download.windowsupdate.com

    Still .... nothing :-(
    , Aug 20, 2003
  6. <> wrote in message
    > Still results in
    >
    > --------------------
    > Windows Update Error
    >
    > Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested

    page.

    > Select from any of the following pages for information about Windows

    Update
    > services, or send us your feedback.
    >
    > Windows Update Home Page
    > About Windows Update
    > Support Information
    >
    > You can also get online support if you are having problems with Windows

    Update.

    > Send error number to Microsoft (0x800A138F)
    > Note This sends error information but does not create a support incident;

    you
    > may or may not receive a response.
    > --------------------
    >
    > And I have been on:
    > http://www.download.windowsupdate.com
    > http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    > https://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    > http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    > http://download.windowsupdate.com
    >

    > Still .... nothing :-(

    Go to www.microsoft.com, and download the latest version of IE for your
    PC. Install that, then try again. Either your version is too old for their
    site (4.0???) or it's got something corrupted.

    NOI
    thund3rstruck_n0i, Aug 20, 2003
  7. Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:22:28 -0400, "thund3rstruck_n0i"
    <> wrote:

    > Go to www.microsoft.com, and download the latest version of IE for your
    >PC. Install that, then try again. Either your version is too old for their
    >site (4.0???) or it's got something corrupted.

    I use (and have been using) the latest IE and have all my Windows-updates until
    3 days ago.

    " Something is corrupted ... " sounds like " format your PC and try again ... "

    ;-)
    , Aug 20, 2003
  8. °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Aug 20, 2003