    professional I am really curious why isn't it in the windows update
    offerings. I tried also this utility: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;947821&x=11&y=7
    and it did not find any problem...

    VitasLoWang, Sep 17, 2009

  2. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343/ and check that your system
    qualifies for the service pack to be offered from Windows Update.

    Dominic Payer, Sep 17, 2009

  3. VitasLoWang

    ShellP Guest

    On Sep 17, 4:12 pm, VitasLoWang <> wrote:
    > Hello, some time ago I realized, that there is surely a SP2 available
    > for my Vista home premium 64bit. To my surprise I realized it is
    > available, but windows update does not offer it to be installed! What
    > can be the problem? I have Build 6001: Service Pack 1
    > I know I can download and install SP2 manually, but as an IT
    > professional I am really curious why isn't it in the windows update
    > offerings. I tried also this utility:http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;947821&x=11&y=7
    > and it did not find any problem...

    Try that link just listed then just go ahead search for the SP2 & down-
    load manually. My HP PC's both desk top & laptop didn't do either on
    their own. No explanation from HP can be given.

    ShellP, Sep 19, 2009
  4. SP2 for Vista is offered on TechNet:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dd262148.aspx

    You don't need a TechNet account, just click on the package you want to
    download.

    Bobby Johnson, Sep 19, 2009
  5. VitasLoWang

    VitasLoWang Guest

    On 17 zář, 23:52, Dominic Payer <> wrote:
    > Seehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343/and check that your system
    > qualifies for the service pack to be offered from Windows Update.

    Hello, unfortunatelly this applies to SP1. I did not find SP2 version
    of this article and those advices seemed not to apply to my case.
    Anyway I have lost my patience and installed SP2 manually. So I guess
    I will never know what was it :-]

    VitasLoWang, Sep 19, 2009