Windows Update changed?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Daniel, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Just tried a Windows Update on my Windows XP box, and a couple of Windows
    2000 PC's, and got the following message:-

    <quote>
    Thank you for your interest in Windows Update

    Windows Update is the online extension of Microsoft Windows that helps you get
    the most out of your computer.

    Follow these steps to access Windows Update through the Help and support Center:
    Click Start, and then click Help and support.
    If you are running Windows XP, click Keep your computer up-to-date with Windows Update.
    If you are running a Windows Server 2003 family product, click Windows Update.
    </quote>

    Anyone having a similar response?

    TIA,

    Daniel, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Daniel, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Geronimo Guest

    On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:43:42 +1300, Daniel <> wrote:

    >Just tried a Windows Update on my Windows XP box, and a couple of Windows
    >2000 PC's, and got the following message:-
    >
    ><quote>
    >Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
    >
    >Windows Update is the online extension of Microsoft Windows that helps you get
    >the most out of your computer.
    >
    >Follow these steps to access Windows Update through the Help and support Center:
    >Click Start, and then click Help and support.
    >If you are running Windows XP, click Keep your computer up-to-date with Windows Update.
    >If you are running a Windows Server 2003 family product, click Windows Update.
    ></quote>
    >
    >Anyone having a similar response?
    >
    >TIA,

    Mine would not Update (Manual Logon) and a friends one it stated that some
    thing was missing..

    Geronimo, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Geronimo Guest

    Geronimo, Oct 26, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Rider Guest

    "Geronimo" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:43:42 +1300, Daniel <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Just tried a Windows Update on my Windows XP box, and a couple of Windows
    >>2000 PC's, and got the following message:-
    >>
    >><quote>
    >>Thank you for your interest in Windows Update
    >>
    >>Windows Update is the online extension of Microsoft Windows that helps you
    >>get
    >>the most out of your computer.
    >>
    >>Follow these steps to access Windows Update through the Help and support
    >>Center:
    >>Click Start, and then click Help and support.
    >>If you are running Windows XP, click Keep your computer up-to-date with
    >>Windows Update.
    >>If you are running a Windows Server 2003 family product, click Windows
    >>Update.
    >></quote>
    >>
    >>Anyone having a similar response?
    >>
    >>TIA,

    > Mine would not Update (Manual Logon) and a friends one it stated that some
    > thing was missing..

    Common sense, knowledge? MS must read this newsgroup LoL

    Rider

    Rider, Oct 26, 2004
  7. Daniel

    PseUDO Guest