    something that's as accurate as a water clock

    any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
    program? thanks much

    wf3h, Jan 7, 2008

  2. wf3h

    wf3h Guest

    On Jan 7, 12:46 am, wf3h <> wrote:
    > just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
    > synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
    > window's fucked up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
    > something that's as accurate as a water clock
    >
    > any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
    > program? thanks much

    never mind...got it...

    wf3h, Jan 7, 2008

  3. wf3h

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "wf3h" <> wrote in message
    On Jan 7, 12:46 am, wf3h <> wrote:
    > just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
    > synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
    > window's fucked up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
    > something that's as accurate as a water clock
    >
    > any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
    > program? thanks much

    never mind...got it...

    And on top of that, Vista gives the user the ability to sync to several time
    servers other than MS's time server, if you know what you're doing with
    Vista.

    May I suggest this for you.

    http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0471754218.html

    In addition, may I suggest that you post to one of the
    MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG(s) at msnews.microsoft.com, which should be MS
    Communities on Windows Mail. Or you can go to the link provided.

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/community/default.mspx

    Here is another tip, because you seem like you're someone that will fly off
    the handle at the drop of a hat.

    If at all possible, don't install software on the machine that's not Vista
    compliant, because you're asking for trouble.

    http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/
    http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=5175
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=785

    One other thing, at this time with Vista, you really do need some technical
    computer savvy to deal with Vista and/or you need some *real* previous
    technical MS NT based O/S savvy such as with Win 2K, Win XP etc, etc to deal
    with Vista.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 7, 2008
  4. wf3h

    wf3h Guest

    On Jan 7, 4:44 am, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote:
    > "wf3h" <> wrote in message

    > On Jan 7, 12:46 am, wf3h <> wrote:
    >
    > > just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
    > > synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
    > > window's fucked up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
    > > something that's as accurate as a water clock

    > > any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
    > > program? thanks much

    > never mind...got it...
    >
    > And on top of that, Vista gives the user the ability to sync to several time
    > servers other than MS's time server, if you know what you're doing with
    > Vista.
    >
    > May I suggest this for you.
    >
    > http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0471754218.html
    >
    > In addition, may I suggest that you post to one of the
    > MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG(s) at msnews.microsoft.com, which should be MS
    > Communities on Windows Mail. Or you can go to the link provided.
    >
    > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/community/default.mspx
    >
    > Here is another tip, because you seem like you're someone that will fly off
    > the handle at the drop of a hat.

    given the number of lawsuits worldwide filed against microsoft, i'm in
    good company.

    wf3h, Jan 8, 2008
  5. wf3h

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "wf3h" <> wrote in message
    On Jan 7, 4:44 am, "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote:
    > "wf3h" <> wrote in message

    > On Jan 7, 12:46 am, wf3h <> wrote:
    >
    > > just bought a new laptop using vista. i wanted to use a program to
    > > synchronize the clock with the NIST but the program won't run with
    > > window's fucked up 'time service" which is a laughable description of
    > > something that's as accurate as a water clock

    > > any way to disable the windows time service so i can run my own
    > > program? thanks much

    > never mind...got it...
    >
    > And on top of that, Vista gives the user the ability to sync to several
    > time
    > servers other than MS's time server, if you know what you're doing with
    > Vista.
    >
    > May I suggest this for you.
    >
    > http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-0471754218.html
    >
    > In addition, may I suggest that you post to one of the
    > MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG(s) at msnews.microsoft.com, which should be MS
    > Communities on Windows Mail. Or you can go to the link provided.
    >
    > http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/community/default.mspx
    >
    > Here is another tip, because you seem like you're someone that will fly
    > off
    > the handle at the drop of a hat.

    given the number of lawsuits worldwide filed against microsoft, i'm in
    good company.

    ----

    LOL, like you got big money and the time to be in court do you, for the rest
    of your life? You need to think about that comment, because there is
    nothing you are going to personally do are you? <VBG>

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 8, 2008