    Is it showing both or one on its own of the two Opterons 240's intalled.
    Both processor show in Device Manager why are they not appaer separatly as
    they did with Win32 Task Manager?
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFydmluIE1hY2hpc21v?=, Sep 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFydmluIE1hY2hpc21v?=

    Peter Lawton Guest

    In Task Manager under the "View" option make sure you have "One Graph per
    CPU" selected under CPU history.

    Peter Lawton

    "Marvin Machismo" <Marvin > wrote in
    message news:...

    Peter Lawton, Sep 10, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFydmluIE1hY2hpc21v?=

    Colin Nowell Guest

    Did you load and install the AMD x64 driver yet Marvin? amdcpu64.exe is the
    file you are looking for and it's available here....

    http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html

    Colin Nowell, Sep 10, 2005
  4. I did what you suggested, but although the drivers are now more upto date it
    still doesn't show up. Thanks for the post though it could have worked. It
    may be due to the Operating system being an evalutiaton copy.

    How do you think I could test to see if both process are being used?

    It is quicker but how much of that is due to better memmory management, or
    lack of drivers loaded for preforalls I can't make out

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFydmluIE1hY2hpc21v?=, Sep 11, 2005
  5. I know its best to check the obvious first but yes I did realise it wouldn't
    show unless asked, but the option dosn't appear on the tab.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFydmluIE1hY2hpc21v?=, Sep 11, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWFydmluIE1hY2hpc21v?=

    Colin Nowell Guest

    Well, I only suggested it because until I loaded this driver, my WinXP x64
    EDition didn't recognise my Athlon 64 x2 system as having two separate CPUs
    (even if I made sure that "One Graph per CPU" was selected). Once loaded,
    they came up in seperate windows in Task Manager.

    You didn't say whether your motherboard is a dual socket board or whether
    you are using a dual-core type? You talk of two Opteron 240s installed so I
    am assuming they are separate? Is this a completely new system? Has it had
    an OS on it before?

    "Marvin Machismo" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Colin Nowell, Sep 11, 2005
  7. You should also check the manufactor to see if they have a new bios for your
    motherboard.

    =?Utf-8?B?amFubWFuX2Rr?=, Sep 13, 2005