    there start to appear many, maybe 20 or more green boxes in the taskbar. I
    do not know if it is done by virus or there is a problem with windows.
    Perhaps somebody knows how to fix this Task Manager ? Thank You in advance.

    Andy, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Andy

    Ireli Xhani Guest

    Hi.

    I'm sorry that your cousin got a virus. My advice would be to use System
    Restore ASAP!

    :)

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > My cousin has a Trojan virus in his computer. The only way to delete it is
    > to disable it first in Windows Task Manager and then delete it.
    > Unfortunately I can't do it because there is something strange in his Task
    > Manager ( Windows XP Pro). There are all missing buttons except
    > "applications" button and lower raw with End task etc.Task manager can't

    be
    > closed when opened because there are no buttons to close it. And when

    opened

    Ireli Xhani, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Andy

    Harrison Guest

    1. Boot to Safe Mode (F8)
    2. Disable System Restore
    3. Locate the Startup Entry in the registry and delete it
    4. Locate and delete the target file
    6. Reboot to Standard Mode and check for further symptoms
    7. Install Antivirus and Update it
    8. Do a full system scan
    9. Re-enable System Restore

    This is general information and is about the best you can do without
    knowing the specific infection.

    Harrison, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Andy

    Unk Guest

    Simply double-click the top grey border to get back all the tabs.

    Also see:
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

    Unk, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Andy

    Andy Guest

    "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > Simply double-click the top grey border to get back all the tabs.
    >
    > Also see:
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
    >

    > On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:57:08 GMT, "Andy" <> wrote:
    >
    > >My cousin has a Trojan virus in his computer. The only way to delete it

    is
    > >to disable it first in Windows Task Manager and then delete it.
    > >Unfortunately I can't do it because there is something strange in his

    Task
    > >Manager ( Windows XP Pro). There are all missing buttons except
    > >"applications" button and lower raw with End task etc.Task manager can't

    be
    > >closed when opened because there are no buttons to close it. And when

    opened
    > >there start to appear many, maybe 20 or more green boxes in the taskbar.

    > >do not know if it is done by virus or there is a problem with windows.
    > >Perhaps somebody knows how to fix this Task Manager ? Thank You in

    advance.

    UNK !!!!!!!!! You save my honour !!! It was so simple, but I did not know
    about it. Now I'm ready to fight a Trojan. Thank You very much sir !!!! And
    good luck !!!

    Andy, Feb 2, 2004
  6. Andy

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 04:22:05 GMT, "Andy" <> wrote:

    >"Unk" <> wrote in message
    >> Simply double-click the top grey border to get back all the tabs.
    >>
    >> Also see:
    >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm
    >>

    >> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 23:57:08 GMT, "Andy" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >My cousin has a Trojan virus in his computer. The only way to delete it

    >is
    >> >to disable it first in Windows Task Manager and then delete it.
    >> >Unfortunately I can't do it because there is something strange in his

    >Task
    >> >Manager ( Windows XP Pro). There are all missing buttons except
    >> >"applications" button and lower raw with End task etc.Task manager can't

    >be
    >> >closed when opened because there are no buttons to close it. And when

    >opened
    >> >there start to appear many, maybe 20 or more green boxes in the taskbar.

    >> >do not know if it is done by virus or there is a problem with windows.
    >> >Perhaps somebody knows how to fix this Task Manager ? Thank You in

    >advance.
    >> >

    > UNK !!!!!!!!! You save my honour !!! It was so simple, but I did not know
    >about it. Now I'm ready to fight a Trojan. Thank You very much sir !!!! And
    >good luck !!!

    You're welcome. :)

    Unk, Feb 2, 2004