    Anyone knows a way to detect what is causing the slowdown?

    Thanks in advance.

    , Jan 31, 2006

  2. On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:01:20 -0000, <> wrote:

    > Every now and then, Windows takes longer than usual to boot. It gets
    > stuck in the screen with the Windows logo and the pseudo-progress bar.
    > This bar keeps moving, but the system kind of hangs with no hard disk
    > activity for a couple of minutes. I tried to do a logged boot from the
    > startup options but Windows doesn't log the time so I don't know at
    > what point it is beign stuck. Other times it boots ultra-fast.
    >
    > Anyone knows a way to detect what is causing the slowdown?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    For 32bit XP, there is a program called BootViz. It logs the time to
    start windows. I have no idea if it works with x64, but I suspect it
    works at such a low level, it may not.

    It's worth a shot however...

    Mark Gillespie, Jan 31, 2006

  3. > It gets stuck in the screen with the Windows logo and the pseudo-progress
    > bar.

    Have this problem too. It rarely happens, but it happens

    Mike

    Mike Gleason jr Couturier, Jan 31, 2006
  4. First, I though that sounded strange, to be honest, though, I may be seing
    this as well - I have never had the patience to wait it out but tend to
    press the reset button right away. This cures it every time - It happens in
    Win2K too!

    I am going to check my event-log next time, something is poping up there
    once in a while.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jan 31, 2006
  5. >I have never had the patience to wait it out but tend to press the reset
    >button right away

    That's what I've always done too !!

    Mike

    Mike Gleason jr Couturier, Jan 31, 2006
  6. Ha, ha! - So much for fail searching.

    Tony Sperling, Jan 31, 2006