    spsp1res.dll
    xpsp2res.dll

    - just-paranoid
    Rick Merrill, Apr 2, 2006

  2. Rick Merrill

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Apr 2, 2006

  3. Rick Merrill

    Fred Guest

    Rick Merrill wrote:
    > What is windows/system32/mui
    > which seems to be full of 32 MB of duplicates of
    > three .dll files!?
    >
    > xpob2res.dll
    > spsp1res.dll
    > xpsp2res.dll

    Just a guess but I think "mui" relates to Multilingual File versions
    Fred, Apr 2, 2006
  4. Rick Merrill

    Trax Guest

    "Fred" <> wrote:

    |>Rick Merrill wrote:
    |>> What is windows/system32/mui
    |>> which seems to be full of 32 MB of duplicates of
    |>> three .dll files!?
    |>>
    |>> xpob2res.dll
    |>> spsp1res.dll
    |>> xpsp2res.dll
    |>>

    |>Just a guess but I think "mui" relates to Multilingual File versions

    Your right, I check the properties of a xprob2res.dll file and it's
    language was Finnish.

    --
    Web cam in an eagle's nest
    http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/encoder/index.html
    Trax, Apr 2, 2006
  5. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Rick Merrill wrote:
    > What is windows/system32/mui
    > which seems to be full of 32 MB of duplicates of
    > three .dll files!?
    >
    > xpob2res.dll
    > spsp1res.dll
    > xpsp2res.dll

    What is "localization?"

    Looks like many of these folders can be deleted.
    Rick Merrill, Apr 2, 2006
  6. Rick Merrill

    beenthere Guest

    "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    > Rick Merrill wrote:
    >> What is windows/system32/mui
    >> which seems to be full of 32 MB of duplicates of
    >> three .dll files!?
    >>
    >> xpob2res.dll
    >> spsp1res.dll
    >> xpsp2res.dll
    >>

    > What is "localization?"
    >
    > Looks like many of these folders can be deleted.

    There`s a golden rule to computing !
    If you are not sure what it is.
    Leave it alone.
    Or you could live to regret it.
    beenthere, Apr 2, 2006
  7. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Fred wrote:
    > Rick Merrill wrote:
    >
    >>What is windows/system32/mui
    >>which seems to be full of 32 MB of duplicates of
    >>three .dll files!?
    >>
    >>xpob2res.dll
    >>spsp1res.dll
    >>xpsp2res.dll
    >>

    > Just a guess but I think "mui" relates to Multilingual File versions

    Nooooo, it is Multilingual User Interface (MUI)
    Rick Merrill, Apr 14, 2006
  8. Rick Merrill

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Rick Merrill.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    >> Just a guess but I think "mui" relates to Multilingual File versions

    > Nooooo, it is Multilingual User Interface (MUI)

    It was Magic User Interface for the Amiga when I first heard the TLA (
    http://www.sasg.com/mui ). Not unusual for Microsoft to "borrow" someone
    else's ideas though ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, Apr 14, 2006
  9. Rick Merrill

    beenthere Guest

    "Ponder" <> wrote in message
    > Hiya Rick Merrill.
    >
    > In <news:> you wrote:
    >
    >>> Just a guess but I think "mui" relates to Multilingual File versions

    >> Nooooo, it is Multilingual User Interface (MUI)

    > It was Magic User Interface for the Amiga when I first heard the TLA (
    > http://www.sasg.com/mui ). Not unusual for Microsoft to "borrow" someone
    > else's ideas though ;)

    Yes Thank God Gates didn`t get his hands on the Amiga OS, he`d
    have had something to boast about. <g>.
    beenthere, Apr 14, 2006