    J.Wilson Guest

    Does anyone know the probable cause of this one.
    I do not want to see it again! :(

    J.Wilson, Mar 28, 2008

  2. J.Wilson

    EMB Guest

    J.Wilson wrote:
    > Does anyone know the probable cause of this one.
    > I do not want to see it again! :(

    virus

    EMB, Mar 28, 2008

  3. J.Wilson

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "J.Wilson" <yes> wrote in message news:47ecac0f$...
    > Does anyone know the probable cause of this one.
    > I do not want to see it again! :(

    I used to see when the PC was brand new. A faulty stick of RAM caused it to
    crash several times. If your PC crashed and then wouldn't start properly it
    would be worth checking the hardware.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Mar 29, 2008
  4. J.Wilson

    Jerry Guest

    J.Wilson wrote:
    > Does anyone know the probable cause of this one.
    > I do not want to see it again! :(

    It could be anything, virus is possible but RAM, hard drive, power
    supply or motherboard could cause it. Download some diagnostics and
    test everything, especially RAM abd HDD

    Jerry, Mar 29, 2008
  5. J.Wilson

    impossible Guest

    "J.Wilson" <yes> wrote in message news:47ecac0f$...
    > Does anyone know the probable cause of this one.
    > I do not want to see it again! :(

    Do you mean "\WINDOWS\**SYSTEM32**\CONFIG\SYSTEM" ?

    As in...

    "Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or
    corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM"

    If so, then it's probably a registry corruption issue. Have a look here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545&Product=winxp

    The solution may be as simple as running System Restore. Otherwise you'll
    have to walk through the steps in the KB article.

    impossible, Mar 29, 2008
  6. In article <47ecac0f$>, "J.Wilson" <yes> did write:

    > Does anyone know the probable cause of this one.
    > I do not want to see it again! :(

    Give up and reinstall.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 29, 2008
  7. J.Wilson

    J.Wilson Guest

    > In article <47ecac0f$>, "J.Wilson" <yes> did write:
    >
    >> Does anyone know the probable cause of this one.
    >> I do not want to see it again! :(

    > Give up and reinstall.

    I did, after plugging the harddrive into a good machine and finding 300+
    viruses/trojans.

    J.Wilson, Mar 29, 2008